Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title implies, thanks per advance :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's fine as a two player game - the non-overlord player just uses two heroes. I think it's a better group game because of the social aspect but when the number of players is a limiting factor it can work fine.

If the non-overlord player is experienced enough to want to do it - let them have three or even four heroes to control. Although it can get time consuming for one person to track so much.

The overlord gets more choice and options as the number of heroes increase - I.e more starting cards, more monsters allowed on-board at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played with 4 heroes except for one or two solo tests to see how scenarios played to give advice on here, but from those tests and from a lot of feedback it sounds like the game is tilted toward the OL with only 2 heroes, and toward the heroes with 4. The best balance is probably with 3 heroes. Whether one player can handle controlling 3 heroes at once is up to you to decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah for sure. The guy taking control of the heros can use all four if he wants. it would only get a bit fiddly later in the campaign when each hero has a stack of class abilities to try and keep track of in the heat of battle. But lets face it, if you're nerdy enough to play boardgames you're nerdy enough to handle that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a few games but it seems to work fine with 2p or 4p.

I was OL in the 4p game and there was a lot of waiting around for all their discussions. In the 2p game it's more interactive and each player's turn comes around quicker so, in some ways, I'd say it might even be better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I think one of the reasons for aforementioned difficulty gap between 2 and 4 characters is that standing up / reviving an ally takes half / one fourth of the team's turn in a two hero game whereas it only takes one fourth / one eighth turn actions with four heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which size group is better seems to depend a lot on the quest, as well as which monsters the overlord picks for his open groups. For instance, you get a master and a minion ettin with four heroes, but only a minion with two, which means you lose a lot of your fighting strength. However, you only lose two minion goblins (going from four and a master to two and a master) going from four to two heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently playing a two player campaign. I am controlling 4 heroes. It is so much fun, so many choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may well invest in this for my wife and I then, as I think a dungeon duel might well be what the doctor ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.