Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've browsed around the forums and seen dozens of beautiful and ingenious storage ideas for Dominion. I'm on the verge of owning all the expansions and really feel an all inclusive storage solution is a necessity. The problem I have, is that most (all?) the solutions I've seen are brilliantly HOME MADE.

I am NOT a very crafty person, and honestly don't have the time or discipline to recreate any of these, but I still WANT one! Is there anywhere I can buy an already completely ready to use Dominion storage solution?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want it all stored and done easily then I suspect your best bet is to buy a 5,000 card box and a bunch of card dividers from amazon or something. Label the dividers, sort and store and be done. You could paint or color the box if you want a little more character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen this?:

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/10548/the-creative-gamer-g...

This is the solution we went with and we really like it... We used a 40% coupon at Michael's to buy the plastic box... and we already had 3 Trivial Pursuit games with card boxes of the correct size... There is still room for two more card boxes, which my sister is kindly donating from one of their old TP games :-). I believe it'll be big enough for both DA and Guilds...

The only 'crafty' thing you'd need to do here is make the dividers... We used the ones mentioned in the post... We printed them on full sheet label paper and applied that to posterboard... Fairly cheap all things considered...

Final note: we are storing both the old and new base cards in this box, so if space becomes an issue, we'll be able to recover some by removing the old base cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Green
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a 3-ring binder and put some card protector sheets in it. Each sheet will have 9 slots capable of holding 10 cards each.

You'll need separate storage space for big stacks like point cards, treasures, and randomizers, but the binder can support any number of kingdom cards with easy visual identification and quick browsing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everly

Richmond
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the case that I have made for myself and some others that liked it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/831335/storage-case-for-domi...

It includes the case divided as needed for the cards, the custom card dividers, and the draw string satchels for the tokens. It is large enough for all of the expansions and room for Guilds when it is released. I've sent Steven a message but wanted to go ahead and post that I can build and ship a case for anyone that would like one.

If anyone is interested just Geek mail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 slot card box, dividers. You can buy premade plastic dividers. Will cost you all of maybe $10 and is fully expandable as new sets are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much time and effort you can spare.
If you are willing to spend $200 and wait a while, there is a very interesting solution on Kuckstarter called "The Keep". No time and effort, except for putting everything in it.
If $200+ is a bit much you can go for any of the solutions given, costing from $10 to $100 with a more work required the less you pay.
It is up to you.
I have gotten myself a 5000 card container to hold all my Kingdom cards and everything I don't need every game like spare sleeves, etc. And also an 800-card cardbox box to hold the cards i need for the next game I am playing. I also have a 500-card container to hold some kingdom cards if I am planning to play more games. My dividers are plain, unprinted Index cards cut in 2. Like you, I don't have the patience and/or artistic skills to do anything more than that. (I am thinking about the Keep, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Donahue
United States
Laurens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend the storage solution sold by Ken Chaney which holds 5 expansions or so in the original Dominion box (even penny sleeved): http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/598029/consolidate-your-domi...

The dividers come either in black matte board or a tough but thin plastic (which I recommend). It also comes with sets of stickers for each expansion with the card names on them, which you can arrange on the dividers as you see fit (I'm sure he will have Dark Ages stickers soon). He sells them through the BGG Marketplace here, but you may have to ask in the thread for him to list another one.

I've been using this solution for two years and find it to be very compact, easy to search through, with a very slick look. I now have all my expansions and over 30 fan variant cards in two boxes, with room for Guilds when it comes out. The boxes have held up very well and it isn't hard to carry.

Almost every other Dominion player I run into comments on the storage solution and several have ordered one for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanar wrote:
I'd recommend the storage solution sold by Ken Chaney which holds 5 expansions or so in the original Dominion box (even penny sleeved): http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/598029/consolidate-your-domi...

The dividers come either in black matte board or a tough but thin plastic (which I recommend). It also comes with sets of stickers for each expansion with the card names on them, which you can arrange on the dividers as you see fit (I'm sure he will have Dark Ages stickers soon). He sells them through the BGG Marketplace here, but you may have to ask in the thread for him to list another one.

I've been using this solution for two years and find it to be very compact, easy to search through, with a very slick look. I now have all my expansions and over 30 fan variant cards in two boxes, with room for Guilds when it comes out. The boxes have held up very well and it isn't hard to carry.

Almost every other Dominion player I run into comments on the storage solution and several have ordered one for themselves.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Smith
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to spend $200, but get a complete solution with Dominion dividers included, there's this Kickstarter project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286842883/the-keep-any-...

I have to think that RGG will come out with a complete storage solution after they start publishing their last expansion: Guilds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand by this recent post of mine. No DIY skills needed:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9789902#9789902

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
severly wrote:
This is the case that I have made for myself and some others that liked it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/831335/storage-case-for-domi...

It includes the case divided as needed for the cards, the custom card dividers, and the draw string satchels for the tokens. It is large enough for all of the expansions and room for Guilds when it is released. I've sent Steven a message but wanted to go ahead and post that I can build and ship a case for anyone that would like one.

If anyone is interested just Geek mail me.

This is the way to go. You need next to zero expertise, about $30, a nearby Hobby Lobby, a thin sheet of plywood, access to some sort of saw, and wood glue. In fact, you don't even need to use wood dividers...foamboard will also do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my set in a pair of those white cardboxes you can buy at game or card stores. Then I downloaded Teal's box designs, printed them on cardstock, cut them out and glued them. The cards fit in the boxes even sleeved (a bit tight with the 12's, but nothing that'll ruin the cards).
If you go this way, the link to Teal's files are here: http://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?username=teal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:
This is the way to go. You need next to zero expertise, about $30, a nearby Hobby Lobby, a thin sheet of plywood, access to some sort of saw, and wood glue. In fact, you don't even need to use wood dividers...foamboard will also do the trick.
It's a lovely case, but once you start cutting wood or foamboard and gluing stuff, that's not "ready to use" IMHO. The american science and surplus ones are already divided and ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up contacting Scott Everly who posted about the box he made, and just paid him to make and ship one to me. That is the level of "ready to use" I was referring to... Just buy it. No need to "simply download and then cut out" or "glue" anything. That would have been too much work for a lazy dude like me Big props to Scott for agreeing to make me an awesome box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all very nice but nothing is exactly right for me.
After Guild is released , I will need to store:
2600 cards with premium sleves
250 cards with standard sleeves (randomizers)
100 unsleeved (spares)
and all other pieces (Tokens, mats, etc)

Even The Keep from Kickstarter is not quite right, because that would only be available with 10 Magic Chambers and no space for my large mats and rules. Each Magic Chamber can containe 800 unsleeved, 600 standard sleeved or 500 premium sleeved cards.

I am back to square one: Does anybody know of a storage solution that can hold it all AND comes with the dividers AND can be mailed to Canada AND with the commitment to print the final dividers for Guilds when it is released AND gets me some blank ones to print my own dividers for some Fan cards I liked and have downloaded.

I have almost zero artistic and dexterous abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everly

Richmond
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
It's all very nice but nothing is exactly right for me.
After Guild is released , I will need to store:
2600 cards with premium sleves
250 cards with standard sleeves (randomizers)
100 unsleeved (spares)
and all other pieces (Tokens, mats, etc)

Even The Keep from Kickstarter is not quite right, because that would only be available with 10 Magic Chambers and no space for my large mats and rules. Each Magic Chamber can containe 800 unsleeved, 600 standard sleeved or 500 premium sleeved cards.

I am back to square one: Does anybody know of a storage solution that can hold it all AND comes with the dividers AND can be mailed to Canada AND with the commitment to print the final dividers for Guilds when it is released AND gets me some blank ones to print my own dividers for some Fan cards I liked and have downloaded.

I have almost zero artistic and dexterous abilities.

Yeah, the added thickness of the sleeves really throws in a wrench. Without the sleeves the case I am using will easily do over 3,000 cards with room for the rules, tokens, and mats. One of the other members here is using this same case and said he is getting it to fit. If that were the case the one I made for Steve would work and I could do all of the items you mentioned. In fact I would go ahead and make the dividers for your fan cards so they would be of the same format as the rest (plus give you some blanks for the future)

If you give me the thickness of 100 premium sleeved cards and 100 standard sleeved cards I can work out the math and see how close it gets you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw my .02 cents behind Ken Chaney's solution. He is quick about providing updated labels when expansions hit and I have everything in one standard Dominion box and one smaller (Alchemy/Coruncopia) box. Right now only Hinterlands is in the smaller and I expect to be able to get DA and Guilds in there as well. If you want to not worry too much about space and get all the mats, tokens and stuff in without worry 2 full sizes boxed would work fine. For me this was a great solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
My "crafty" solution involved one of these: [geekurl=http://www.michaels.com/Home-D%C3%A9cor-Paper-Boxes/hd0791,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=products-homedecor-storage]Home Decor Storage Box[/geekurl] I found for $8 (I used one of the large ones with the lid that closes & folds over), 6 slim drawer organizers ($1.35 for a package of 3 at Dollar General; I have the cards vertical instead of horizontal), some card stock, [geekurl=http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81515/clean-vertical-dividers-dominion]this set of dividers[/geekurl] (with corners clipped to fit the baskets better, and hand-written ones for the sets not up yet), some cut pieces of foam core (to help fill baskets when the cards are out, so cards dont' fall all over the place), a large envelope, and some hot glue.

It may not be as gorgeous as some of the other "homemade" designs out there, but it's very functional, travels fairly well, has room to grow, and I can leave it out in the gaming area. The best part? I was able to do it all with stuff I had on hand, so my total cost was less than $10 (I did have to replace the organizers I'm now using in the box).

I'll try to get a picture of it up later tonight, if anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo some of the posts above.

The least amount of effort / easiest to create / cheapest storage solution is a 3-Ring binder with baseball card page holders.

Home Depot has a zippered 2" 3-ring binder. You can get the 9-card page holders most anywhere. If you divide up the money and such they fit as well so no need for an extra box for them. Even sleeved cards work.

Yet Another Storage Solution...

My gaming buddy spent maybe $25 and he has all the card sets. I don't have that many but it cost me nothing as I had the supplies sitting around the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Goudie
United States
Lake View Terrace
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KernTheGerm wrote:
Buy a 3-ring binder and put some card protector sheets in it. Each sheet will have 9 slots capable of holding 10 cards each.

You'll need separate storage space for big stacks like point cards, treasures, and randomizers, but the binder can support any number of kingdom cards with easy visual identification and quick browsing.

Just found a version with 4-inch D-rings on Amazon.

http://amzn.com/B001GIP208?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Purchased this in hopes of solving my storage problems. We'll see how it goes.

-Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Goudie
United States
Lake View Terrace
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rrgoudie wrote:
KernTheGerm wrote:

Just found a version with 4-inch D-rings on Amazon.

http://amzn.com/B001GIP208?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Purchased this in hopes of solving my storage problems. We'll see how it goes.

-Robert

Received and I love it! I was able to store EVERYTHING in 25 UltraPro card storage pages. There is a file folder area to store the rules, a zipper pouch for other tokens and even a shoulder strap for hanging onto the whole monstrosity. With a handful more UltraPro pages, I could easily all Hinterlands and Dark Ages and it will all still fit in this single binder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:
So I've browsed around the forums and seen dozens of beautiful and ingenious storage ideas for Dominion. I'm on the verge of owning all the expansions and really feel an all inclusive storage solution is a necessity. The problem I have, is that most (all?) the solutions I've seen are brilliantly HOME MADE.

I am NOT a very crafty person, and honestly don't have the time or discipline to recreate any of these, but I still WANT one! Is there anywhere I can buy an already completely ready to use Dominion storage solution?

Thanks!

yes, here http://www.cundco.de/shop/?tx_dkdshop%5Bcategory%5D=12&tx_dk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben XP

Escondido
California
msg tools
mbmb
Do you think you could fit everything in a 3 inch binder? including hinterlands and dark ages?
I want to hold Base game, intrigue,prosperity,seaside,and hinterlands. Or should I just go for the 4 inch, if i get dark ages in the future?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jbabel wrote:
I'll throw my .02 cents behind Ken Chaney's solution. He is quick about providing updated labels when expansions hit and I have everything in one standard Dominion box and one smaller (Alchemy/Coruncopia) box. Right now only Hinterlands is in the smaller and I expect to be able to get DA and Guilds in there as well. If you want to not worry too much about space and get all the mats, tokens and stuff in without worry 2 full sizes boxed would work fine. For me this was a great solution.

I use Ken's solution as well. All of my Dominion cards (all sets except Alchemy), sleeved in premium Mayday sleeves, fit nicely in two Dominion full-size boxes. I use the Base Cards box (the stand-alone base cards expansion) to store the Seaside and Prosperity extra bits. I also put a full set of base cards in each box, so that I could lug only one box around and be ready to play (Original+Seaside+Prosperity+Cornucopia+Promos in box 1, Intrigue+Hinterlands+Dark Ages in box 2). I even have enough room for Guilds (when it's released) since it is planned to be a half-expansion.

I expect this sort of setup would work with Alchemy also included, but you might need to cut one set of base cards or take out the randomizers to get it all to fit.

As for the storage system, Ken's system is just right, and doesn't feel DIY at all. The dividers are very professionally made, and he always has the next set of stickers ready, even sometimes before the expansion ships!

thumbsupRecommended for Dominion players who want to use the original boxes, but also want the cards nicely organized and in fewer (though markedly heavier) boxes.thumbsup

[edit - here's the link to Ken's system (just incase you missed it earlier): Consolidate Your Dominion - Card Organization System]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.