Popular Tags: [View All]
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book states: if you draw legion devils and they are already active on the board- add devils until there are three on the board. This may mean you add no new devils. When all active devils are defeated add all legion devil cards in play to the xp pile.

So just to confirm: if player 1 draws devils and places 3 on board, then player 2 draws devils zero are added.
Now we have double activations each round (2 player game) of six attacks at +11 each?
Seems right, but is terribly lethal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it like that (with double activations) and I agree that it is incredibly brutal. Of course the low hit points mean that they are susceptible to AoE attack or well placed caltrops/blade barrier. I wish that there would be only two of them in the deck, but they were still using exclusively sets of three monsters when WoA came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the positive side, you still get a Treasure each turn you defeat any one of the Devils; and when the last one is gone that's a lot of Experience racked up.

If the double (or triple) activation is too much for your Heroes to handle, you could try playing an adventure with Regis from LoD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
On the positive side, you still get a Treasure each turn you defeat any one of the Devils; and when the last one is gone that's a lot of Experience racked up.

If the double (or triple) activation is too much for your Heroes to handle, you could try playing an adventure with Regis from LoD.

I only draw treasure when the monster card is removed correct? Not per mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
Trevin wrote:

I only draw treasure when the monster card is removed correct? Not per mini.

"When your Hero defeats a Monster, draw a Treasure Card" (p. 9 & p. 13), not "when you discard the Monster Card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting because the legion devil is the only exception to defeating a monster and not having to remove the card immediately.

Under defeating a monster in the rules it states to remove the mini, discard the card- then draw a treasure. Implying that the card+mini are one in the same.

Under drawing treasure it says to do so when a monster is defeated.

I think i will only draw a treasure when the legion devils are defeated (not by the mini) as they are one monster card. thinking of it like a swarm in d&d- no xp or loot until the entire swarm is defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But there are three Legion Devil Monster cards, one for each figure. So if all three cards come out before you finally manage to put the last Devil down, you'll end up with only one Treasure for your trouble.

Of course I can also see the other extreme, where after each Legion Devil card comes out you manage to kill all three Devils before drawing the next Devil card. So taking one Treasure per figure defeated (on separate turns, of course) could net you up to nine Treasures.

In practice, the number of Devils you actually end up killing by the time the third Monster card is collected, as well as the number of Treasures they leave you, will vary depending on how the cards are shuffled and how well the Heroes do in battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The oddity of the legion devil's functions really does not fit within the rules well in either school of thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally just give treasure for each monster slain (max 1 / turn), which in this case means each monster figurine. The Legion Devils are so nasty that I think that the possibility of "farming" them for treasure does not actually come to play, but instead you try to kill them as fast as possible. Even if you kill them 1 at a time, the end result is the same as if you had killed three 1 xp monsters (3 treasures, 3 xp).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting discussion. The problem has not so far arisen for us since we have managed to arrange for all three devils to walk onto either the Blade Barrier or the Box of Caltrops.

I think I would go for a Treasure per figurine though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.