Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Korting
Netherlands
Hoorn
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not play ATS for a while and decided to get some gameplay done again, starting with Drop Zone Normandy. This also allowed me to give the new advance to contact sequence of play a try.

I assumed that the Germans here did not know that the Yanks would drop out of the air that night so I set them up in the central buildings with an MG34 while other elements had found shelter for the night in the buildings near the northern and southern map edge. While drinking schnapps and playing skat, the thunderous roar of aircraft engines and gunfire came close, and the scramble for their weapons began. The local reinforcements would secretly, well, not so secretly since I was playing solo, enter on Turn 2 from the west and would cross the area to the east 'on some important business...'.

The airbornes arrived from the southwest and would split into a group that would move north to cover the road with an M1919, while another group would grab the buildings in the south. The main attack would hit the group of buildings in the center that covered the crossroads.

In the south it took about three turns to neutralize the Germans there and get into the buildings to score victory points. In the north the M1919 took its position in the woods and surrounding bocage, opening fire on the Germans nearby. It did not take long before some vehicles started to move up the road, off-map, drawing closer by the minute. Despite an attempt by the Germans in the building along the road to warn them, the crew and occupants of the SdKfz7 never knew what hit them and were quickly dispatched. The Opel just behind it drew to a halt, spilling its passengers through the back, scrambling for cover in the bocage.

The attack through the center, in order to conquer the important buildings that covered the roadnet, met some heavy resistance. The airbornes had to bring in some reinforcements from the southern group, and a bazooka, to get rid of the MG42.

The game ended in an American victory around turn 5.

All in all the game was fun and a good way to get back to ATS while using the new sequence of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara
msg tools
badge
mb
Very evocative, Hans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.