Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This quest card states: (...) Players cannot win the game while Durin's Bane is in play. If Durin's Bane leaves play by the effect on Dark Pit, the players have won the game.

This card has one quest point, nevertheless the card text seems to indicate, that the players can win even without a single progress token on this quest card, as long as they let Durin's Bane leave play by the Dark Pit. On the other hand, the players obviously cannot defeat this stage solely by putting one progress token on it.

If my assumption is true, for what is the one quest point and why isn't there a "-" like on other quest cards with goals independent from progress tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your assumption about the victory conditions is correct. As for why there's a 1 for the progress required, I couldn't tell you. It probably is just an inconsistency due to the various quests having different designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow-up question... if you happen to explore the Dark Pit before removing Durin's Bane, do you basically lose the game? (unless you play Shadows from the Past, or survive until you cycle through the entire encounter deck and draw the location again )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
A follow-up question... if you happen to explore the Dark Pit before removing Durin's Bane, do you basically lose the game? (unless you play Shadows from the Past, or survive until you cycle through the entire encounter deck and draw the location again )

Yes. I think that is the intent that if you quest too much you will lose the game (or need to find the dark pit again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
A follow-up question... if you happen to explore the Dark Pit before removing Durin's Bane, do you basically lose the game? (unless you play Shadows from the Past, or survive until you cycle through the entire encounter deck and draw the location again :p )

This is a very good question. It seems, that your question must be answered with Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gimli: "Hey, guys, now that I've checked out this pit I really don't think it'll be deep enough. I mean, it's like a five-foot drop."

Legolas: "Nice going, Aragorn. Got any more bright ideas?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to confirm, what you came up with.
I asked FFG: Do you have to place 1 Quest Point on "Last Lord of Moria" 3B?

Caleb Grace wrote:
2. No, you don't need to place 1 progress to win because the win condition bypasses that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.