BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » News

Subject: Account Suspended rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for the PnP version, but the BattleCON site seems to be out of comission. It seems to have been hacked, from the looks of it.

Is there any info on this? Or an alternative place to get the PnP version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, what? When did that happen? The site was working fine just a couple days ago! Wow, that sucks.

The best I can tell you, Phelan, is to check out the Vassal module, which is sanctioned by Brad but not hosted on his site. Vassal is a free program you can download that allows you to play board games online. You'll have to download both the Vassal program and the BattleCon module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, BattleCON, Level 99's home page, Mystic Empyrean, and the Level 99 Store all were taken down by something unsavory. I've put in a ticket with my hosting solution's customer support, so hopefully this will be fixed in a few days.

With any luck, we will have a recent backup available. If not, well, might be time for a site redesign anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Let me hear you hissssssss...."
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. Who would do that? Does Brad have some arch-enemies that we don't know about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Testy Testerson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... passwords?

Were the passwords stored securely for the website? Wondering if I should be changing out any other sites that might use the same one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Texjets281 wrote:
Whoa. Who would do that? Does Brad have some arch-enemies that we don't know about?

Our working theory is that they got stomped in a game of BattleCON.

AtomicReaction wrote:
Were the passwords stored securely for the website? Wondering if I should be changing out any other sites that might use the same one.

All passwords stored on our site are stored hashed, so you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Site is back up! Nothing was lost! Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, downloaded, printing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zabrowski
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to get the additional free PnP character Seth Cremmul. He's got a lot of interesting stuff going on that make you think about the game differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw him in the list when the site came back up, and downloaded him as well, thanks. I will print everything out as soon as I get a new cartridge in the printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
I saw him in the list when the site came back up, and downloaded him as well, thanks. I will print everything out as soon as I get a new cartridge in the printer.

Full color pages are just $0.50 at Staples and Office Max. It's cheaper to print these professionally than on your home printer (unless you're sitting on something industrial)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For now, I just printed them up in black and white. From what I read in the rules, there isn't any obvious need for color other than recognition of different styles, so I hope it doesn't detract much.
I've played it once like that, and didn't seem to have any problems with it.
I suspect that if I play it more and it keeps being fun, I will buy the full game, so printing it now in color seems more hassle than it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.