Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you incorporate light fate & dark fate into the game? When we have got enough ideas we can email them to FFG!

Regards,

Elliott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about "light" and "dark". You mean "Day and "Night"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Brackney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fate tokens have a different color on each side. It's been suggested that a future expansion might make use of the multi-sided nature of the tokens, but nothing has happened yet. Some discussion here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/641777/light-fate-dark-fate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Pointless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Fate could involve a flip mechanism. It's called "Fate" after all, isn't it? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Auger
England
Manningtree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need The Sacred Pool expansion. One of the alternate endings relies upon character alignment and the use of the 2 different sides of the fate counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaphead6 wrote:
You need The Sacred Pool expansion. One of the alternate endings relies upon character alignment and the use of the 2 different sides of the fate counters.

Well, I guess Elliott already got Sacred Pool
As for the Alternative Ending: Yes, it uses the markers but it does not have to do that much with fate. Additionally, this Ending is a bit weird in my eyes and we rarely used it.
But as far as I know, FFG already had in mind to introduce an optional rule for light and dark fight when they printed it, I think I remember something like this in an interview I read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
John Goodenough from FFG news article - The Vagaries Of Fate wrote:
More fate themed cards will be featured in upcoming expansions, adding to the story and immersion of the game. The image at top of this article shows that fate has a light side on the front as well as a dark side on the back of the token. Although this makes no difference in the core game, future expansions will add significance to the light and dark sides and turn fate into both a blessing and a curse.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=262

John Goodenough from Talisman Island's 20 Questions Article wrote:
Q 1: Will fate become more powerful in expansions? What will the light and dark sides of the fate token be used for?

A: Most expansions will feature at least a couple of cards with a fate theme. One of the upcoming expansions will take full advantage of the light and dark sides of the fate tokens by introducing new game rules. Dark fate will be easier to replenish but is more treacherous because other players may be able to use it against you. Light fate is more difficult to replenish but it may grant players additional benefits besides just rerolling a die. Like most expansion rules, the new spin on fate is modular so players can choose whether or not they use it in their games. The light and dark sides of fate are aimed at players who desire more interaction with other characters and want to use the tokens for more powerful effects. Just imagine being able to force a player to roll a 1 result at the Enchantress!

http://www.talismanisland.com/20questions_johng_part1.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cody_au wrote:
Pointless.

Would you like to elaborate on your single word response?

Ell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry Elliott, I stand corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torbjörn Schönkvist
Sweden
Borås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
talismanamsilat wrote:
How would you incorporate light fate & dark fate into the game? When we have got enough ideas we can email them to FFG!

Regards,

Elliott.

An alternative end uses of the different pages of an expantion. Will not offhand what it was now. But it was the battle between good and evil. The players put one or the other up on the card when you reach the crown and then turn it a dice and see what happens. has for me light side up gave positive and black side up gave minus the dice battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
In a Dutch review video of the base game, the fate tokens were flipped when they were spent, instead of just discarding them. The light side of the fate token meant that the player has 1 fate per light sided fate face up. Well, this flipping thing gave me an idea.

When you spend fate for a reroll, you flip the fate token to the dark side. The dark side acts as 1 fate for an opponent. So allthough the fate token is still in the player's play area, only opponents may use it when it is on the dark side; they may only spend it against the dark fate's owner. After a die has rolled in any case while the dark fate token is in play, another player may spend the dark fate to reroll one die and then accept the result. The token is then really discarded. If a player gains a fate token while he has a dark fate in play, he may NOT flip the dark fate to the light side; he must take a new token. If the active player spends 1 fate, an opponent is not allowed to spend 1 dark fate. The active player must declare if he is or is not going to spend 1 fate. If he doesn't, then an opponent may spend 1 dark fate and accept the result. After a dark fate has been spent, the active player may not spend a fate for the same rolling action anymore; he must accept the result. Only 1 dark fate may be spent per dice roll action.

Well, now even a player with many fate tokens on the light side will think twice before he spends a fate, because every fate spend is flipped to the dark side and can be used by an opponent during any dice roll action. A fate token is always discarded AFTER use as a dark fate.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
In a Dutch review video of the base game, the fate tokens were flipped when they were spent, instead of just discarding them. The light side of the fate token meant that the player has 1 fate per light sided fate face up. Well, this flipping thing gave me an idea.

When you spend fate for a reroll...
etc....

Since you replied AND made a new thread, I shall link to the new thread.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1228802/dark-fate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Sorry, I thought no one answered. Besides, I also thought new threads are more likely to be answered than reactions on existing ones. Thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.