Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Rafferty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a word of warning for those of you picking up Dark Ages… it might be worth opening it in store when you buy it, just to inspect the contents. I picked my pre-ordered copy at my FLGS yesterday and when I got home and opened it, I found the card insert mangled/ripped.

This happened to me with Hinterlands as well, but I opened it in store and they gave me a new copy.

Hopefully I can get a replacement from someone here on the Geek who just throws the inserts away. Kind of a bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lympi wrote:
Just a word of warning for those of you picking up Dark Ages… it might be worth opening it in store when you buy it, just to inspect the contents. I picked my pre-ordered copy at my FLGS yesterday and when I got home and opened it, I found the card insert mangled/ripped.

This happened to me with Hinterlands as well, but I opened it in store and they gave me a new copy.

Hopefully I can get a replacement from someone here on the Geek who just throws the inserts away. Kind of a bummer.

You could always contact Rio Grande, they'd likely help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My insert was also thrashed. The whole box is in the recycling anyway so it doesn't affect me much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Rosenberg
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
I have this issue as well, even worse all the ruins/shelters and the randomizers were stuck together with some sort of glue at the bottom.

As a result the back of every single card is ripped at the very bottom.

Anyone have this issue? Will Rio Grande help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Most of the 5 sealed stacks of cards in my recently purchased copy of Dark Ages (yesterday) were loose in the box - not opened, but not wedged into their spaces in the plastic tray. So they ended up bending the insert a little. After a bit of coaxing (gently bending it the other direction, smoothing it out, etc.), I was able to get it close to normal again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everly

Richmond
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue with the insert here. I have a case where I put all of my cards and make my own dividers so it isn't that big of a deal, but I'm surprised that this is being put out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian M.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue with the insert as well. Bent and folded on top of itself twice though not ripped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email complaint to Rio Grande, through their website, along with my address, and they sent me a replacement in the mail. Great service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.