Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After yesterdays first round of Paths of Glory the following questions remain:
1. Can a unit move during one action to another field and attack with the stack there another field?
2. Where are new units placed?
3. In a battle the first british army and the BEF corps clashed with the first german army. As result the british "received" 3 hits. Can the british player distribute the the hits or does he always has to assign the hits to the BEF corps?
4. An army is destroyed, can i "restore" it with reserve points back to the map? Where is the army placed?
5. A corps is destroyed, can i "restore" it with reserve points back to the map or can it only be returned to the respective reserve pool?
6. When a fort is besieged and the besieging army is now attacked from another field by units which are from the same side the fort is on does the fort support the attacking units?
7. Reinforcements: Army go straight to the map, Corps go the the reserver pool (or are they also put directly on the map?)
8. Is it possible to place corps from the reserve box by paying replacement points on the map?
9. How does the landships card work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1. You can't move unit in a space with an attack marker
2. Armies into capital or supply source in the country. BE army can also be taken to the BE coast, SB army to Salonika, FR armies into Orleans (only if Paris is full). Corps go always to reserve box
3. If BR attacked BEFc has loss priority. If GE attacked, BR can distribute losses as they will.
4. See #2
5. Reserve box only
6. No
7. Yes
8. No
9. They cancel the trench column shifts, but central powers still can use trench ability to cancel retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike_DA wrote:
1. Can a unit move during one action to another field and attack with the stack there another field?

No; you may never enter a space that is activated for combat.

Quote:

In the capital of its nation or in a friendly supply source.

Quote:
3. In a battle the first british army and the BEF corps clashed with the first german army. As result the british "received" 3 hits. Can the british player distribute the the hits or does he always has to assign the hits to the BEF corps?

It depends on who was the attacker. If the British were attacking, the BEF corps has to take losses before the 1st army; if defending, it's at the player's discretion.

Quote:
4. An army is destroyed, can i "restore" it with reserve points back to the map? Where is the army placed?

You may rebuild the army with replacement points at the end of the turn. It is then placed in its capital or a supply source, just like reinforcements.

Quote:
5. A corps is destroyed, can i "restore" it with reserve points back to the map or can it only be returned to the respective reserve pool

It can be rebuilt using replacement points; it gets put into the reserve box. From there you can use strategic redeployment (SR) to get it on the map.

Quote:
6. When a fort is besieged and the besieging army is now attacked from another field by units which are from the same side the fort is on does the fort support the attacking units?

Nope. Forts only fight when defending.

Quote:
7. Reinforcements: Army go straight to the map, Corps go the the reserve pool (or are they also put directly on the map?)

Corps go to the reserve box.

Quote:
8. Is it possible to place corps from the reserve box by paying replacement points on the map?

No, you need to SR them.

Quote:

You play it for the event (thus removing it from the game) and it has no immediate effect. In the Total War deck there is a powerful combat card called "Royal Tank Corps", which can only be used if Landships has previously been played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
2. [...] Corps go always to reserve box
[...]
7. Yes

There is a small exception for the AP's ANA cavalry corps (Lawrence of Arabia) and the CP's SN cavalry corps (Senussi).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike_DA wrote:

Not in the same action round. Units cannot move into a space activated for attack [11.1.6].

Quote:

I assume you mean reinforcements. See questions 4 and 5 for rebuilt units.

Armies are placed in any capital or supply source space in their home country [9.5.3.3]. (Exceptions: The four Allied Near East armies are placed as it says on their cards (Yudenitch, MEF, Allenby, and Army of the Orient), unless you choose to build them in the home country instead, giving up their ability to enter the Near East [9.5.3.4].) Corps go to the reserve box, again with exceptions when it says so on their cards (ANA, SN, Russian Cavalry).

Quote:

If the British attacked, the BEF must take the first step loss [12.4.5], even if it means the Allies can't take all of their hits. In your example, there is no other unit that can take the remaining 1 LP, so the BEF takes that also and is eliminated.

Quote:

Same as question 2, with the exceptions given in [17.1.5].

Quote:
5. A corps is destroyed, can i "restore" it with reserve points back to the map or can it only be returned to the respective reserve pool?

Rebuilt corps always go to the reserve box (except ANA). To move them back onto the map you must perform an SR action as described in [13.1.8].

Quote:

No [15.1.5]. The besiegers are assumed to know better than to move within range of the cannons on the walls when fighting the attackers.

Quote:
7. Reinforcements: Army go straight to the map, Corps go the the reserver pool (or are they also put directly on the map?)

See question 2.

Quote:

No. To move them onto the map you must perform an SR action as described in [13.1.8].

Quote:

Landships doesn't do anything; it is only a prerequisite to Royal Tank Corps. RTC cancels the defender's trench column shift for the combat in which it is used. It does not cancel other trench effects (so you still aren't allowed to attempt a flank attack against an entrenched space, as you can with cards that "cancel all trench effects").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the WBC variant Landships can be used for OPs when played for the event. I have never seen Landships played as an event when not playing the WBC variant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot to all of you for answering my questions! thumbsup

I am really looking forward to the next PoG session...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.