Victor Moyer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a game where a player just before the final turn before the finish line was able to shift into 6th gear and roll. He rolled a 26 to overshoot the last turn, pass everyone else on the final straightaway and be the first to cross the finish line... but we couldn't find anything in the rulebook or after an hour of browsing the forums here that would say if this is valid or not.

Does he move the car first (crossing the finish line) and THEN take the tire damage he would have taken from the turn (which would have obviously been enough to destroy his car)? Or does the damage he would have taken on the turn make it so he doesn't get to the finish line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When overshooting, you spin out or wreck on the space that cost you your last tire. If that space is before the finish line, you lose, good day sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always played the car takes tire WP every space after the corner, one at time. We don't find the cars end space and then add up WP.

Meaning the player would have been eliminated in our race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't official but we have always played you have to survive your turn to win.

But i could see the argument that his car didn't blow until it had passed the finish line and in real life that would count as a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Moyer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. That is what I thought, but I couldn't find that explicitly stated... unless I blew through the rules too quickly. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chipacabra wrote:
When overshooting, you spin out or wreck on the space that cost you your last tire. If that space is before the finish line, you lose, good day sir.

This is also my interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As above - spin or wreck on the space that costs the last tyre point. Say you have 2 tyre points left, no brake points etc. once you have gone two spaces beyond the corner area, then you have a spin/wreck. Doesn't matter if you have another 24 movement left!

Now, if, having safely negotiated the corner before the finish, you change up a gear or are in too high a gear to survive taking the corner AFTER the finish line, then that is OK to crash and burn once the race is over

Diff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
This isn't official but we have always played you have to survive your turn to win.

But i could see the argument that his car didn't blow until it had passed the finish line and in real life that would count as a win.

Hey a win is a win.

Just because you blow through the turn AFTER the finish line and crash doesn't necessarily mean the driver dies.

Some might call winning the race in this fashion "putting it all on the line"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Carter

Pflugerville
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our unofficial rule is that the first place winner must keep going at his current gear (rolling that die) to see how far he can get (until he crashes and blows up). The record is 3/4 of the way back through the track, where he actually looped the car in last place! EPIC!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emiel van marwijk

Zevenaar
Netherlands
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When overshooting a corner you can only survive if you have the WP needed to pay the penalties.
So if you are short 1 tyre WP you spin....etc etc
When overshooting a corner while in 6th gear chances are that you burn.
Not just simply finish...
Not enough WP is a DNF (worst case scenario)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.