Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

I bought this small card game more as a curiosity a few months ago. Alan had been asking for a game of it to see if the 'love it or hate it' attitude would infect our group!

Eyes were crossing and uncrossing in confusion as I read out the rules, but it really is a simple game. One player deals cards to the others, who are falling. The bottom five cards are GROUND cards, and if you are dealt one then you've hit the ground and are out. The object is to hit the ground last. The winner becomes the dealer in the next hand.

Sound stupid? Okay, maybe it is, but I found it a lot of fun. I was dealer in the first game and managed to get one and a half times around the table before pandamonium struck! Some clarifications were tidied up and off we went again.

The first game was a mess, which I think Alan won as he dealt second game. I foolishly played a SPLIT on my stack near the end of that deal which saw me hit the ground early. David took the second game, and dealt the third which I won, by playing a STOP to cancel a ground card, then a SKIP on me followed by a HIT on Alan for effect!

Thoughts - I didn't mind it at all. Janet had know idea what was happening, and was often caught with a card in her hand and using the other hand to play off her stack! Donna liked it enough to borrow it off me for a week. Fun, and different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.