Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gentlemen,

I m striking ( with arty)an enemy unit on a card free of friendly unit.

But my MG are in LOS of that unit and they are still firing the unit so they expend ammo.

Any solution to cease them of firing and not expend ammo?

According to the rules I canno find anything.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
Hello Gentlemen,

I m striking ( with arty)an enemy unit on a card free of friendly unit.

But my MG are in LOS of that unit and they are still firing the unit so they expend ammo.

Any solution to cease them of firing and not expend ammo?

According to the rules I canno find anything.

Thanks

You could move them to another card, but short of that there's only several gamey/risky options I can think of:

Send a unit onto the card being shelled, then call a cease fire. The Machinegun will not automatically fire on the card again as a friendly unit is now present.

Pop HC Smoke on the card containing the machine gun to block their LOS out of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard way is to retreat your MG, or just wait for the target to move/get destroyed.

Welcome to the small nuances of the game. Keep your MGs back when you advance and only move them forward if you want their firepower, otherwise you will always run out of ammo on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also convert your MG team to a fire team to save ammo, but it's not recommended as you would have to pass a rally check to flip it back to its MG team side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.