Android: Infiltration» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do NPC's Reveal New Rooms? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if an operative jumped ahead 3 rooms and revealed an NPC in the room. During the NPC phase would it move back one room (assuming it moves) and reveal a new room or only move through revealed rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rooms would have already been revealed by the jumping operative. (To my knowledge, there's no way to be ahead of unrevealed rooms.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizowikc wrote:
What happens if an operative jumped ahead 3 rooms and revealed an NPC in the room. During the NPC phase would it move back one room (assuming it moves) and reveal a new room or only move through revealed rooms?

when he jumps 3 rooms forward than all rooms on the way are revealed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The term "jump" doesn't exist!
The cards always instruct the Operative to "move".
The only exception is the Secret Room, which you "enter".

And, no, there are no corridors in this weird building, so you may have to enter the Boiler Room in order to enter the VIP Office...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused because Motion Performance Testing Area doesn't specify that you reveal when you move up to 3 rooms however the Jump Pack card does say to reveal when you move up to 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
The rooms would have already been revealed by the jumping operative. (To my knowledge, there's no way to be ahead of unrevealed rooms.)

There is a secret room that allows you to look at unrevealed rooms. In my last game, the first player in the room used this ability to examine second floor rooms that hadn't been revealed. He then chose to advance, on the next round, into the room that the secret room specified for advancing into -- a room that had previously been face down (the access point for the secret room was accessible only through "retreat"). As luck would have it, it was the very last room on the second floor (the access point was the very last room on the first floor).

This caused 5 unrevealed rooms to exist between the players. The OP's question is valid.

p.s. The next item played was the whip that allows a player to jump ahead to catch up with the furthest ahead player.. so we got to reveal a huge amount of rooms in one instant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played wrong: The VIP Observatory (secret room) allows you to look at up to 3 rooms WITHOUT revealing them, so you still cannot enter them!

You still have to follow the normal procedure to enter rooms, one by one. There is no way to magically appear into a room out of sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
You played wrong: The VIP Observatory (secret room) allows you to look at up to 3 rooms WITHOUT revealing them, so you still cannot enter them!

You still have to follow the normal procedure to enter rooms, one by one. There is no way to magically appear into a room out of sequence.

I never said he revealed those rooms to the other players. In fact, my only usage of the word was in relation to the power allowing one to peek at unrevealed cards, which is exactly what VIP Observatory does. However, to say he couldn't advance into an unrevealed room on the second floor, despite knowing exactly where it was thanks to the secret room's ability, is to suggest one can never advance into an unrevealed room, which is obviously dead wrong. We'd never leave the entrance if that was a fact.

Is there a subsection of the rules that says the secret room's linking rooms need to be fully revealed to the table before they become operational? That seems silly, especially since the player knew exactly which room it was due to the VIP Observatory's ability.

* Looks like this is a unresolved and contentious issue, but neither of us appears officially right just yet. Others threads exist, with no official resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
However, to say he couldn't advance into an unrevealed room on the second floor, despite knowing exactly where it was thanks to the secret room's ability, is to suggest one can never advance into an unrevealed room, which is obviously dead wrong. We'd never leave the entrance if that was a fact.

"Advance" is described on page 5 and on the action card itself. It tells youto move one room deeper into the facility.

No card or instruction tells you to skip rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Is there a subsection of the rules that says the secret room's linking rooms need to be fully revealed to the table before they become operational?

Yes:

p. 9 wrote:
To leave the secret room, an operative must play either his 'Retreat' card to enter the 'Research Admin Office' (if it is revealed) or play his 'Advance' card to enter the 'Halo Conference Room' (if it is revealed).

(I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "fully revealed to the table"...the only sense in which the rules ever use the word "revealed" is that of "fully, to the table, and triggering all reveal effects in the process" (which the Observation Room clearly doesn't do). In fact, the section of rules that I just quoted comes right after the one where it explains revealing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the motion room, where you can ski ahead two rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
What about the motion room, where you can ski ahead two rooms?

You still have to open the doors to each room as you pass through them. This building doesn't have corridors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Great Dane wrote:

I never said he revealed those rooms to the other players. In fact, my only usage of the word was in relation to the power allowing one to peek at unrevealed cards, which is exactly what VIP Observatory does. However, to say he couldn't advance into an unrevealed room on the second floor, despite knowing exactly where it was thanks to the secret room's ability, is to suggest one can never advance into an unrevealed room, which is obviously dead wrong. We'd never leave the entrance if that was a fact.

Is there a subsection of the rules that says the secret room's linking rooms need to be fully revealed to the table before they become operational? That seems silly, especially since the player knew exactly which room it was due to the VIP Observatory's ability.

* Looks like this is a unresolved and contentious issue, but neither of us appears officially right just yet. Others threads exist, with no official resolution.

Thematically you could argue that although the player has viewed the room which contains the other entrance to the secret room, they don't know the secret entrance exists until it is found by searching the room (i.e. by removing the interaction token which can only be done when it's fully revealed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.