Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saw this posted over on consim forum and didn't see it over here. Also, looks like we'll need to create a new PB folder. I again look forward to this. I bought PB:HOD even w all the bad reviews. And then traded it fairly quickly after being unhappy w the experience.

But I'm hopeful:

"MMP is happy to announce that we are working with Lewis Goldberg as the designer on the second module of the PanzerBlitz Series of games. Work has started on this module, which will be set on the Eastern Front, with geomorphic maps and an expanded rulebook with more examples.

We hope to have this game ready for preorder late Summer 2013, and shipping by 2014. Stay tuned for more information, and regular updates, here and in the new PanzerBlitz Series folder (PBS), which will be created shortly here in the Era: WWII (GAME SERIES) section. The Hill of Death folder will be moving to Era: World War II (INDIVIDUAL GAME): Western Front section.

Our great thanks go to Darren Emge for all his hard work in getting this update off the ground with PB: Hill of Death. We look forward to working with Lewis to expand this system properly."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm the "Lewis" spoken of above. Sorry you didn't like playing HoD. Did you have the second ed. rules? There were some unfortunate errors in the first rulebook, but with the second, it is a fast-paced and fun game. We will be making the rules in the next module even clearer by providing more examples of play and other peripheral helps to make things more accessible.

I will create an entry in the db for the new module at a more appropriate time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was first edition. I've downloaded those rules and will take a look. I already traded the game away.

I really want it to be a good game and I wish you the best moving forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis, where does one find the v2 rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phlegm wrote:
Lewis, where does one find the v2 rules?

Quote:

It needs to be here too, though. I will upload to files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been surfing the consim thread and can't find the answer to the following:
What is the difference(s) between v2 and v1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
If you are talking about the Hill of Death game, the v2 rules apparently incorporates some errata and clear up some confusing wording. I have not read the v1 rules but I have heard there were some issues with line of fire and line of sight and missing tables in v1.

The v2 rules looked okay to me except that there were some things about the Close Assault and Overrun rules that could have been worded better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Martin said

martimer wrote:
mojayhawk wrote:
If you are talking about the Hill of Death game, the v2 rules apparently incorporates some errata and clear up some confusing wording. I have not read the v1 rules but I have heard there were some issues with line of fire and line of sight and missing tables in v1.

The v2 rules looked okay to me except that there were some things about the Close Assault and Overrun rules that could have been worded better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded the v2 rules to the files section. Also they are available from the MMP page for the game.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/58/CategoryID/22/Pro.../68/Default.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had bought and sold within the first weeks of release but on hearing of 'new life' and the involvement of Lewis, I went to my game store and bought another copy. I think it will become a sought after item in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just finished reading through the v2 rules. I'm not walking away confused, but intrigued to try again. But I also bought and traded mine away quickly. I'm looking now for a copy.

I'm wishing I would've made some notes on the geek what my problems were with it before.

Interesting what was said about the Close assault rules because that section tripped me up a bit. But sometimes ruled do that and they don't become clear until they've been played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Write down the problems now, so that Lewis can work on them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:
Write down the problems now, so that Lewis can work on them!

Yes, answering questions and solving life's mysteries. That's my mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McConnell
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Armored Combat: It's all about position and getting the first shot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis, I am new to PanzerBlitz: Hill of Death, but I did not have a negative experience playing it. Quite the contrary. I LOVED it. I downloaded the VASSAL version which is problematic as it does not have the player aids (TEC, CRT, etc.) embedded on the tool bar, so I got a headache looking at the CRT sideways(!). The counter design is excellent- simple, nice profiles of armor and ground pounders, and I think the combat results are "accurate" (I wasn't in Normandy in 1944, but I have read about it and it was not low in casualties). If I was a game designer- and I am not- this would be the way I would design a game. I think your command and control is outstanding- it does not get in the way of the game by overcontrolling the units. I am sorry that it has received- what can I call it?- neglect or a ho-hum attitude from the wargaming community, because it is obvious you have poured your best efforts in designing this little gem. It reminds me of the beautiful girl who gets ignored because she has eyeglasses and braces on her teeth. No game is perfect, but your game deserves better reviews. I will defend it to the hilt. Your newest fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.