Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: political intrigue? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hey guys
long time reader first time poster....
i have a few minor problems with political intrigue that i am hoping you can help with...

first up is bodyguards...
1) a bodyguard is only immune to assassinations right?so if f ex i use so ata(spy,choose a player.his total votes are reduced by half rounded up against san omairo(bodyguard,if this card is targeted by a spy,you may look at the players hand of action cards and take 1 card of your choice)he would still lose half his votes?or does a bodyguard simply negates any effect of a spy?

2)wendigo(bodyguard,in order for a player to vote "for",he must give you 1trade good or 1 random action card from his hand)so for ex if there are 4 players and they are still around to vote each of them must give the nekro virus player 1 trade good each?

spies
3)if an unrevealed spy is tageted by another spy f ex so ata can he still use his abilltyto target another?

4)if a6ah3(spy,choose an outcome.if the resault of this vote does not match your choice kill any 1 councilor that did not vote the outcome you chose)is revealed and later killed by another spy can he still kill a councilor?



thank you in advance

btw any players in denmark more precise sjælland in here who wants to join a game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:

first up is bodyguards...
1) a bodyguard is only immune to assassinations right?so if f ex i use so ata(spy,choose a player.his total votes are reduced by half rounded up against san omairo(bodyguard,if this card is targeted by a spy,you may look at the players hand of action cards and take 1 card of your choice)he would still lose half his votes?or does a bodyguard simply negates any effect of a spy?

Correct. The only thing really special about a Bodyguard is that they cannot be affected by "Assassination". They are still subject to everything else. They can even be KILLED by things other than "Assassination" as well; I think there's an Action Card, for instance, that can kill them.

Quote:
2)wendigo(bodyguard,in order for a player to vote "for",he must give you 1trade good or 1 random action card from his hand)so for ex if there are 4 players and they are still around to vote each of them must give the nekro virus player 1 trade good each?

Only if they choose to vote "for"; if they vote "against" or abstain, they do not have to. And if the vote is not a for/against vote (such as an Elect Player vote, the ability has no effect at all).

Quote:
spies
3)if an unrevealed spy is tageted by another spy f ex so ata can he still use his abilltyto target another?

It depends on what the first spy did. If the unrevealed spy was assassinated by the first spy, the second spy will NOT get to use his ability. That's one reason going earlier in the cycle can be advantageous.

Quote:
4)if a6ah3(spy,choose an outcome.if the resault of this vote does not match your choice kill any 1 councilor that did not vote the outcome you chose)is revealed and later killed by another spy can he still kill a councilor?

Yes, the ability takes effect when it is revealed initially; killing it doesn't "undo" the resolution, even if there are parts that don't complete until after voting.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you for the quick reply

but the action card you mentioned says assassinate 1 enemy representative participating in this council so how do you kill a bodyguard?f ex redband rtan(choose a representative and an outcome.if the chosen representativedoes not vote this bway,he is killed after voting)would a bodyguard die from that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodyguards are immune from Spy assassination attempts not Action Cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
but since the action card only works with a spy i would think it works just like assassinate and acording to the faq it allows a spy who has the assassinate abillity to assassinate 2 representatives so why would it make a difference if its from an action card or not?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:
thank you for the quick reply

but the action card you mentioned says assassinate 1 enemy representative participating in this council so how do you kill a bodyguard?f ex redband rtan(choose a representative and an outcome.if the chosen representativedoes not vote this bway,he is killed after voting)would a bodyguard die from that?

You are correct, I apologize for the mistake; I had something else mixed up in my head (see below).


tawnos76 wrote:
Bodyguards are immune from Spy assassination attempts not Action Cards.

Bodyguards are immune to the "Assassinate" ability (see Shards, page 13); usually this comes from spies, but not always. The rules don't say this is limited only to Spy assassinations, though

I slightly erred above; I was thinking of a different aspect. The Bodyguard IS immune to the "Paralyzing Serum" card, as it "assassinates" a representative. The ability I had been thinking of was actually the ability of "Cador Gim", a Mentak Spy. Cador Gim's first part of the ability is to Assassinate as normal. However, the second part, which says if he is killed by an enemy Spy that Spy also dies, would affect the enemy Spy even if it was a Spy/Bodyguard, since the second half of the ability is not an "assassination".

Basically, Bodyguard's CAN be killed, they just can't be killed via "assassination".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you
i have only tried political intrigue once with sol,winnu,yssil and aborec and sol ended up with dominatin the political aspect since his bodyguard-spy simply killed every representative...i will try it again in 4 weeks time as the nekro virus and hope it will be alot more fun with 6 olayers insted of 4..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Basse Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Keep in mind that Winnu's spy can't be assassinated by Reverend Meany Face, but there are definitley more volatile representative setups.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
3 player game. Hacan, Nekro, Yssaril. Hacan is the only voter ever, unless Yssaril draw a certain AC in the first 2 rounds.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yes the yssil tribes can be totally cut off from voting unless they have a patron but they allways seemed more like a henchmen race to me anyway...so far i will play against the mentak,possibly the jol-nar and 3 unknown so i hope to see how it works with more players...anyone else had any experience with political intrigue?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Basse Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
I like Political Intrigue and Assembly II, but the fewer players the worse of an option it gets. Probably requires at least 5 players to work properly, since the fewer players you are the more powerful the assassinate will be if one or more races is missing the ability to defend against it (and/or one of them is necro).

The better the average player at the table is the better of an option it becomes - especially considering Promisory Notes, which become worse of an option the lower the average skill of the players. Scratch that - the worse the worst player (or easily manipulated) at the table is, the worse of an option Promisory Notes become.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
well what you cant achive in the political arena you can do with your fleet
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.