Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Raduschewski
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game only comes with 3 diplomatic tokens, does that mean you can only have 3 tokens out at the same time? With leaders, wonders and some cards giving those tokens and you can have more than one at the same time it seems that you could run out of tokens pretty fast in a 4+ player game.
Should we just use something else or are you our of luck if no token is available at the time you play your card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JensFL wrote:
Since the game only comes with 3 diplomatic tokens, does that mean you can only have 3 tokens out at the same time? With leaders, wonders and some cards giving those tokens and you can have more than one at the same time it seems that you could run out of tokens pretty fast in a 4+ player game.
Should we just use something else or are you our of luck if no token is available at the time you play your card?

One must be spent each round. There is one City card in each age that gives one out, One leader that gives one out and a Wonder that gives them out.

It seems like it would be difficult to get more than three out on any one turn (City card, Leader, Wonder). Technically it is possible if you manage to build both stages of the Wonder in one turn or had another Leader that allowed you to build cards from a previous age.

So I would say they are not limited but you would be hard pressed (or extremely lucky) to have a need for more than 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a very rare circumstance, you'd need 5 tokens!

If, in 1 Age, if Aspasia was recruited, both Wonders of Byzantium (B) were built, one of the Cities cards granting a Diplomacy token was built and if a player neighboring Byzantium (B) built the appropriate Wonder on Manneken Pis (A).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Raduschewski
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All very good points which I apreciate. We've actually played it now, and it looks far more unlikely to have a situation come up. Still though as all of you said it could be possible, and what do you think the answer in that event would be? No more tokens or just ignore the limit given?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JensFL wrote:
All very good points which I apreciate. We've actually played it now, and it looks far more unlikely to have a situation come up. Still though as all of you said it could be possible, and what do you think the answer in that event would be? No more tokens or just ignore the limit given?

As I said, I do not think it is meant to be a hard limit. So just use some other marker to indicate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
JensFL wrote:

As I said, I do not think it is meant to be a hard limit. So just use some other marker to indicate it.

Agreed; it has already been ruled to use some other marker if you need a 2nd Courtesan token, so I'd assume the same would apply here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.