Subject: Small World Dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Trombik
Switzerland
Zuerich
flag msg tools
badge
Have I answered all your Questions and provided good Customer Service? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! That's the Paradox, my Friend!
mbmbmbmb
I checked Rules Section, still some questions up. Dragon.

Question: Can the next region that I want to conquer with Dragon be any region adjacent to any of by my active race conquered regions, or does it have to be a region adjacent to the region currently occupied from my dragon? We play it the first way, say it just gotta be any adjacent region of my active race. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
I don't think you have to take into account any adjacency issues with the dragon. Dragons can fly, so they can go anywhere on the board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Trombik
Switzerland
Zuerich
flag msg tools
badge
Have I answered all your Questions and provided good Customer Service? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! That's the Paradox, my Friend!
mbmbmbmb
Nope, not fully agree. As mentioned in other threads, faqs, the depicted dragon on the token does not fly but walks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Pond
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules say nothing about it having to be an adjacent region to your dragon. So the normal rules apply: the region conquered by the dragon just has to be adjacent to any one of your regions. At least that's the way we play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
odo1982 wrote:
The rules say nothing about it having to be an adjacent region to your dragon. So the normal rules apply: the region conquered by the dragon just has to be adjacent to any one of your regions. At least that's the way we play it

That is correct. At the start of your turn you take back the dragon counter together eith the chits you will use to conquer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Trombik
Switzerland
Zuerich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thx guys, that's the way we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bansko wrote:
Nope, not fully agree. As mentioned in other threads, faqs, the depicted dragon on the token does not fly but walks!

Do NOT base your rules on the graphics otherwise you will get into trouble. The Kobolds (From Cursed) always need to be at least two tokens together, yet the race banner does show kobolds standing alone, whcih could lead some players to think something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue has actually been clarified elsewhere in these forums and on the Days of Wonder Small World forums.
From the rule clarifications posted in the file section here on BGG:
Quote:
Dragon Master:
The dragon does not move during troop redeployment, but is played from your hand on your next turn...The dragon empowers a single race token to conquer any region adjacent to you...

[Emphasis mine.]

I advise downloading & printing the clarifications sheet rather than spawning a lot of threads that rehash old questions. That makes it easier for you and the rest of us to sort through everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Iceblood
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and you don't have to have "Small World" in the subject title, we know this is the Small World section, as each game has its own subforums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.