Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
I like the idea of playing the game with more than 3 characters each. What about 6 or even more?

This would allow for much more combinations of special abilities and allow the game to last a little longer. Must try this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Larson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That might work. There are a few problems that occur when you play with four or more characters, though.

Some cards, like "Claw Slice", have a special ability that reads "You play 3 kairu less to play this for each defeated member on your team." Since this card costs 10 kairu initially, you pay only one kairu to play it when 3 characters are defeated, and you can play it free when 4 or more are down. Very cheap for a card that damages the top two health bars.

There are similar cards that cost less to play for each character with a defense of a particular color. In large battles, these cards would become more valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
That is a very good point; I forgot about cards like that (I actually own Claw Slice too) so that would unbalance things somewhat.

I think it'll have to be 'best of three' games to add a bit of length to the playing time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Larson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been giving some more thought to this, and decided that "reduced cost" cards like Claw Slice wouldn't unbalance a 4 or more character battle, if you left in place the rule that no more than three of any card could be used in one deck. That would limit their abuse in the game.

(The game is not known for its balance in the first place.)

There are some other challenges in more than 3 characters, though. One of them is deck size. 40 cards won't be enough -- you'll have to add at least 10 cards minimum for each additional character, or risk running out (and losing) before the end of the game.

Also, there is the issue of too few character cards. There are only 13 characters to collect, and since you can use only one of each on your side, large matchups will begin to look like one team is fighting its clones.)

The last issue is really the fun one... With each character added, the number of character and monster effects available at one time increases. just imagine the mental juggling required to remember all of the changing effects for your team and your opponent's, while you play your next move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.