3 Posts

Dungeon Twister» Forums » General

Subject: What were some of your greatest end game moments? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
What I mean is share with me about the final moments before getting the last victory point.

Mine was when ( and remember I was playing solo) I had run out of combat cards for both sides. I had the blue side working together and they all were a room away from the yellow side with 2 VPs left. Yellow was catching up in VPs and I made it so that the yellow blocked the blue escape route , so I made a detour. However , due to the fact that I left the troll behind he was able to wound any opponent without help of combat cards and then somehow the blue warrior manage to bypass the troll on the other side of the orange room and have one VP left. It was yellows turn but guess what?... Yellow was out of valid moves. The troll's only escape from the orange room was a jump card and yellow was all out. In the next room south of the orange room you had three other characters who where blocking a blue piece and vice versa and their combat value were the same so there was no way of initiating combat. On the blue side the only characters Mage to escape and had all the jump cards was the theif and wall-walker who worked together. But yellow lost its turn so the blue wins by default. Just for fun I decided to go for it and had them exited the dungeon together . I dont think an ending like that take place if I had another player (beginner or advance) with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Wiels
Belgium
Chatelet
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, in more than 500 games, there are a lot of end games that were interesting...

One of my fondest memory was a full frontal secret forces game with one of my friend, and he is winning the game with a confortable margin : all he has to do is to exit one single character. Peanuts.

So I decide I have nothing to lose, and I send my Samurai to attack one of his character, bluffing with my +0 card, then I move again my Samurai to hurt another of his men, then I move again my Samurai to activate some traps (the room was from Mercenary expansion) and prevent him to exit with the only character that could escape... I don't remember exactly the final rounds, but I won that game, learning that even in grim situations, you just must not give up...

Another final move I remember involves a Goblin and an Assassin... The goblin is in my first row of rooms, and has a teleportation ring, but cannot exit in five actions : there is a magician in the way, with his fireball. For the same reason, I cannot advance too much with the goblin: my opponent is no fool, and he will burn the little bastard as soon as I get him in range. So, I have to devise a plan to get his magician out of the way. I decide to sacrifice my assassin: there is a weak character in a room quite essential, on his side of the maze, I move my assassin, kill the character, and place my assassin on a trap activator, to prevent easy attacks on her... Luckily, my opponent had the reaction I expected: he moved his magician to use his fireball against my assassin, clearing the way for my goblin, who hurried to the exit line, using the teleport ring in the process...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my memorable games was in the basic game. My adversary was lucky in the first moves: he was able to wound my cleric. In the moves that followed he wounded four characters, so I thought the game is over.

The only thing I achieved was to to kill two characters with the fireball. I thought the sooner it is over, the better. So I advanced my wizard and my thief in a desperate attempt to get out but of course he saw the trick. He closed all the way-outs and moved with his thief against my wizard to wound him also. I knew he had burned a lot of his combat cards but he still had the 5, so he could easily win the fight. Since I was desperate, I thought, well, let's give it a try and I used my highest combat card possible: the combat became a tie. He attacked again and I did the same. We did this four (4 !) times. It reminded me of the scene in Lord of the Rings "Thou shall not pass!!" :-)

Since his actions were out, I drew my 5 action card, and was able to escape with the wizard and a treasure, making it 4-0 !!

After that the game still went down the drain for me: he started killing all my wounded characters and was able to escape with one... I stil lost the game, but, boy, I did had a lot of fun (and he too)!

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.