Subject: Starting number of doomtrooper cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I realize this forum probably doesn't get too much traffic anymore, but I thought I'd post anyway. My group is getting ready to begin a short campaign, and I can't find anywhere in the rules that states the number of doomtrooper cards each corporation team (or even individual trooper) gets at the start of a mission.

Is it one card per trooper, or one card per team?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 14, it's almost a throwaway line after the weapons and just before the bold heading of "Doomtrooper Cards":

Quote:
The Doomtrooper Cards are shuffled and two cards are dealt to each Corporation player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Re: Starting number of doomtrooper cards (and Capitol's special ability)...
Wired_Wolf wrote:
Page 14, it's almost a throwaway line after the weapons and just before the bold heading of "Doomtrooper Cards":
Quote:
The Doomtrooper Cards are shuffled and two cards are dealt to each Corporation player.

Jeez...
Thanks a bunch for finding that.
I can't tell you how many times I've looked through the rules trying to find this.
I figured it had to be somewhere.

While we're on this topic, I've read that Capitol might be a little lacking when it comes to the special abilities, when compared to the other corporations. Would you recommend keeping the one extra doomtrooper card ability as is, or possibly draw two extra cards and keep one, or even draw two extra cards and keep both?
Thanks again for the quick response.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Others believe Mishima is weak. Each team can be strong or weak depending on gameplay styles.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/410251/the-weakest-corpo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the link John.
I believe I've read through that string.

Since there seems to be a slight difference of opinion on where Capitol stands I'll suggest the following to my group: Capitol gets two cards as do the other corporations. For the third card, the Cap player will be dealt two, with the ability to choose between the two.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.