United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted for people who have supported the Kickstarter campaign or are considering it to have a place to interact. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The international shipping for $20, does that include places like Australia?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chengr05 wrote:
The international shipping for $20, does that include places like Australia?

Thanks

On the Kickstarter page it says

Quote:
US shipping is free for all reward levels, but we'd ask you to add $10 for shipping to Canada or $20 to all other countries

Note the expression "all other countries", so it should include Australia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's (again) the link to the KS-campaign:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/29846590?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks very interesting! I'm a fan of the wine theme and I really like your design notes (in the More Info section of the main page). A question...

I'm greatly interested in what the final player boards will look like. Do you think that will be revealed before the end of the kickstarter?

And a comment… I think it's unfortunate that there are backer levels that include getting your name on the cards/coins. I have another game that did this and I find it… well, very tacky and somewhat of a distraction seeing random people's names even if it is tiny print. Not much you can do about it now though (unless it's possible to print some decks without that).

Anyway, I will most likely back regardless. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Viera
United States
Laguna Beach
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
soosy wrote:
I think it's unfortunate that there are backer levels that include getting your name on the cards/coins.

I had to go back over the kickstarter page to confirm, but this is indeed true! I misread and had assumed that only the sponsor's copy would be "immortalized." This is definitely a bummer for me too. I realize it's nitpicky, but in my mind it is much like product placement in a movie where it serves no reasonable purpose beyond making some extra money. Putting it another way, it does not serve to advance the movie as a work of art, and as a result, sort of detracts from that aim.

I understand the reasoning behind this move, especially for something that needs funding just to be brought to market, but it is unfortunate for those of us who would get a tiny bit less enjoyment from the otherwise beautiful cards. I certainly don't fault the creator for using this avenue to receive some extra funding for a game that looks very promising. I still look forward to the game nonetheless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminallyChill wrote:
soosy wrote:
I think it's unfortunate that there are backer levels that include getting your name on the cards/coins.

I had to go back over the kickstarter page to confirm, but this is indeed true! I misread and had assumed that only the sponsor's copy would be "immortalized." This is definitely a bummer for me too. I realize it's nitpicky, but in my mind it is much like product placement in a movie where it serves no reasonable purpose beyond making some extra money. Putting it another way, it does not serve to advance the movie as a work of art, and as a result, sort of detracts from that aim.

I understand the reasoning behind this move, especially for something that needs funding just to be brought to market, but it is unfortunate for those of us who would get a tiny bit less enjoyment from the otherwise beautiful cards. I certainly don't fault the creator for using this avenue to receive some extra funding for a game that looks very promising. I still look forward to the game nonetheless!

And if I put my last name on the cards people would think it's a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went up to the $59 level, so temporarily there is a $35 spot open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to share the good news that we've reached our first funding goal with 25 days to go. Hopefully we can reach some of our stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.