United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they give any indication as to the format of the monthly boosters at GenCon? Normally FFG LCGs have 60 cards in their boosters (3x20). However, this game doesn't use a 3x format. So are they going to include one pod of each faction (6x10)? Focus on 2 factions per month with 3 pods each? I think this information has more to do with my purchasing decision than anything I've seen thus far. Especially as someone who is interested in the Scum and Villany faction for the DS. Although I suspect S&V and Smugglers will be fleshed out in a "big box" expansion a la Warhammer: Invasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything. The only thing I heard was that the core set would be primarily 4 factions with a small amount of the last tow and then those two would be expanded on in an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. It looks like my math was bad in the OP. Pods are only 6 cards. So you could have up to 10 pods in a booster. That's a lot of options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was thinking about this a few days ago, I came up with the exact same math you did, so don't feel bad.

Although 10 pods/blocks does sound like a lot, since you can include two copies of most of the pods in your deck, you'll still probably only get one new pod/block per faction in each pack. I imagine that you'll get two of a single pod/block for 4 of the factions and the other 2 factions will each get a block you are only allowed to include one of in your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There'll be neutral pods as well, which align to either Dark Side or Light Side but not to a specific faction, so these could be use to flesh out a pack as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if there were totally neutral pods though too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:

This is something I wondered about. Do the two sides have the same card backs? All the cards in the videos I've seen seem to have been sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look and everything was sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on the FFG forums said the backs were AGoT card backs. Which doesn't really answer anything, but the other two 1v1 LCGs, Cthulhu and Warhammer, have the same card back whether you're playing the good guys or the bad guys.

I must admit though, since the Light Side and the Dark Side already have their own specific neutral faction, I hadn't really thought the possibility of a fully-neutral pod hadn't really occurred to me. What would such a thing contain? Bounty hunters for the Light Side, and Smugglers for the Dark Side? Hm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each side has 3 factions, but none of them are "neutral" factions. Each side has neutral objectives (specific to their side) which contain solely neutral cards (eg fate cards, generic units such as rebel marksmen / shock troopers, generic resource providers). Some non-neutral pods contain neutral cards as well. There are no neutral pods which can bat for both sides.

Neutrals have the benefit of being able to be paid for by anything (ie they don't require at least one resource paying card to be the same affiliation as the card being paid for).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See, I've been thinking of the Scum and the Scoundrels factions as neutrals that have one affiliation or another, kinda like Lizardmen and Vampire Counts in Warhammer: Invasion. My thinking is therefore flawed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:

I think that would work, and in fact be pretty good. Having Mos Eisley inhabitants be "neutral neutral" would work. Or Jawas/Tusken Raiders.

Heck, even go all out and let the Empire be diplomatic and persuade the Wookiees to join them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
10 pods in a booster and some pods can be used twice in the same deck? Could this be the first LCG that requires you to buy more than one copy of a booster to get a full play set? Or have they done that before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.