Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played games/scenarios covering the siege of Tyre by Alexander the Great and I am interested in more--much more. Here are the following games that I have found that cover the battle on BGG (either the whole game is dedicated to the battle/siege or it contains a scenario(s) covering the battle):

The Art of Siege
Field Commander: Alexander
Alexander at Tyre
Tyre

Are there more? If so, please add.

Also, which ones are the best?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
Robert, this one looks interesting: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

As you know, your "Tyre" entry is simply one of the games from "The Art of Siege." Others might not know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the SPI Type game and it was pretty interesting how the mole building and sea battles were handled. Sieges are tough as traditional wargames since the time scales are operational while the map scale is tactical.

I think I just saw that Decision Games has a reissue of this on pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nap16 wrote:
I have played games/scenarios covering the siege of Tyre by Alexander the Great and I am interested in more--much more. Here are the following games that I have found that cover the battle on BGG (either the whole game is dedicated to the battle/siege or it contains a scenario(s) covering the battle):

The Art of Siege
Field Commander: Alexander
Alexander at Tyre
Tyre

Are there more? If so, please add.

Also, which ones are the best?

Thanks.

There is even a version specifically for the canadian market :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Alexander at Tyre for years but have never gotten around to playing it. It's a nice-looking game though, and I've read some glowing reviews. I'll try to get it on the table the next time I'm in an ancients mood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.