Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really am enjoying this game so some complaints I've read have gotten me thinking about the system of the game.

Normally, expeditions only go one direction - they have a start and end. So a common complaint is that you are far from the start of a route when it flips up, you're screwed.

Instead, you can allow expeditions to go in either direction. When you join an expedition, simply place your marker carefully on the TOP or the BOTTOM (make a clear distinction) of the card in the space corresponding to where you are joining the expedition. Then you can see clearly where you need to head to, to finish the expedition. You could have in this way two people trying to complete the expedition in opposite directions.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually agree with you. I was just brainstorming ideas for people who did not like the luck in the system as is. For me personally, I think the rules are great as is and wouldn't change any of them. And certainly I really enjoy the game despite what others think, but if they can find a variant way to play it that appeals to them, then good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.