5 Posts

Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap» Forums » General

Subject: Rules available in PDF anywhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Populi
msg tools
mb
This game looks very interesting, but I'd love to look at the rules before I commit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RexPopuli wrote:
This game looks very interesting, but I'd love to look at the rules before I commit...

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/71967/heroes-of-the-gap-ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
RexPopuli wrote:

Think of ASL.... then throw all the things that get in the way of a tense exciting rip roaring squad level wargame away. Thats LNL...fanboy comment done.
The rules are straight forward. there is also a print and play scenario to try.
Some of us might even show you a game on vassal and teach u on the spot.
It is my go to game for modern squad level combat.
edit spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Populi
msg tools
mb
Oh, I couldn't agree more about LnL, I own White Star Rising and I love it. My aim was to find my ONE WWII tactical game, since I have the nasty habit of impulsively buying games only to see my shelf playing them for years. So, I wanted to get just one WWII game I knew I would play (and I do) - now my game collection is down to WSR and Diplomacy (with A&A Pacific and Europe around because I'm too nostalgic and sentimental to let them go). I really want HotG, as I love the alt hist theme (especially Cold War WWIII scenarios), but I don't want to get a game that has too many fiddly rules. I got the rules in PDF yesterday, so I will see.

Sidenote: I thought "hipshot" sounded familiar for some reason, and then I realized that I've been subscribed to you for a while on Youtube. Are you planning on putting up any LnL stuff? WSR/HotG perhaps...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Rex,
Glad you are a subscriber!
Thanks for hanging with me on my weirdness.
yes, I have the whole HeP series planned, for video. Also have a huge back log of WaW stuff to go.
I dont own any of the others, and funds are tight for bulk buying.. I just shelled out big for Case Blue.
So there is a dearth of LNL content at the moment but more coming!
I have a blog @ www.meshtime.com where you can search for and find LNL, WaW and other game AARs, images and videos.

There are 20-30 LNL videos, I think you will like the game its very striaght forward once you understand the 'flow'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.