Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Kirschenbaum
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else have a problem with their maps not aligning on the long water sides (as per the starter scenario set-up)? Mine are off by about half an inch. No impact on game play, but it seems odd for a package with such high production standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kirschenbaum
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a pic of the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you'll need to call customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least the Leviathans logo isn't cut in half... maybe that's the reason, even if it's slightly silly?

Diff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkirschenbaum wrote:
Here's a pic of the problem.

Using the "Playing Area Map Set Up" on page 6 of the Lieutenant's Manual, the two maps are roughly 1mm askew when I line up the hexes. While not perfectly aligned, they aren't as misaligned as yours are.

I'd see how common of a problem it is among purchased copies and then contact CGL for a possible replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mendenhall
United States
Unspecified
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At a $100 a box....that's a problem.

Hope mine are ok when it gets delivered on Friday.

*Edit

Game came today 08/31 and my boards matchup. The whole box is amazing, a very high quality production. Definitely will be buying the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are not as bad as the ones in the picture above, but they do not align perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are the same as the original posters. Also the reverse side of the maps do line up but have a weird border from the flip sides print. disappointed i have to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Mine are the same as the original posters. Also the reverse side of the maps do line up but have a weird border from the flip sides print. disappointed i have to say.

Yeah, I have the blue border fields as well. They look bad.

I have contacted Randall at Catalyst. He said he will get back to me after the convention he is going to this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
decaramas wrote:

I have contacted Randall at Catalyst. He said he will get back to me after the convention he is going to this weekend.

I talked to Randall and he said that they couldn't really do anything about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
jakecarol wrote:
decaramas wrote:

wow...that's a pretty lame answer...i'd given my wife a pre-order link for this game and made it #1 on my "birthday request" list; now i'm not so sure...that's a major flaw for an expensive game, and that's also pretty crappy C/S (even if it's true, that's a pretty "flip" answer...kind of like "oh well")...they could have at least said they were working on something to try and make up for it (repl boards in the future, or a free promo or something for anyone stuck with one of these defective orig boards, something)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
jakecarol wrote:
decaramas wrote:

That's BS. There's plenty they could do about it. They choose not to. Not a great move for a company trying to launch a new game line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the hexes and terrain line up properly (and it looks like they do), is it that big a deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
As long as the hexes and terrain line up properly (and it looks like they do), is it that big a deal?
it's simply bad workmanship, for an expensive game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

From a game play perspective, maybe not. But from a I paid almost $100 bucks for it perspective perhaps. If you were at a car dealer and he showed you a brand new car with a huge scratch through the paint on a door and wanted you to pay full price for the car and wasn't willing to fix the scratch would you be happy because the scratch doen't affect how the vehicle drives?

Now let me fix the analogy. You order the car based on pictures of a scratch free car but get delivered one that is all scratched up. Are you okay with it because it is just cosmetic damage and does not affect the mechanical capability of the car?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get what you guys are saying and you are right. But please consider this...

Catalyst Games isn't a huge super company like WotC or FFG. This website can make or break a game. If you guys all start demanding new boards here on BGG.com and complaining about the quality you might just kill off the profit margin on this game, and in fact, might even kill off the game itself. Bad word of mouth on the web is a killer.

Look at Battleship Galaxies... dead game, no expansions. How about Dreadfleet. d-e-d dead. Leviathans reminds me of those games, without expansions and support, it will wither away.

So if you want a full refund for the game because of this defect, i think you are entitled to it. Contact Catalyst, send back the game and get your money back. If you want the game line to be successful and to lead to expansions, maybe you should cut Catalyst a little slack and deal with this minor defect.

Cars with scratches drive just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

No, it's not. But you know people in here will often over-react. Randall said it was a production line issue, so re-issuing re-printed board to everyone would be prohibitively expensive. The game looks fantastic, and you won't even notice the gapping. Or you will, but you'll quickly forget about when you look at the awesome ships.

By the way, I had some other issues (broken base and stand) and Randall was prompt in responding to my email saying that replacement is on it's way. There is NOTHING wrong with their customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Did you try flipping one map over? Does the other side line up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to completely miss my point Kjamma. Rock on bro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kirschenbaum
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP here. I'm fine with the boards as is in terms of game play, but my bigger concern is that they won't mate up with possible future maps down the line. So I hope Catalyst takes into account the issues with the current print run when planning future expansion boards that might be designed with these maps in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly think a good solution (one I would be happy with) would be FIXING the print issue and get extras of the second/fixed printing, then make them available to those of us with hosed up copies for their cost plus shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
Cracky wrote:
Way to completely miss my point Kjamma. Rock on bro.

Way to completely not make a point Crack. Rocking on bro.

Just because you didn't agree with the point doesn't mean one wasn't made. Way to be an asshole. Rock on bro.

To be specific, his point is that there's no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The game is beautiful, and easily survives this small flaw. If the manufacturer remade boards for everyone, they WOULD lose money on this venture and that WOULD be the end of it. I personally don't want to see that. It sounds like they lost you as a customer. I'm cool with that, because keeping you essentially means killing the game anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember - if you see something you want to react negatively to, flag it and forget it.

Using the icon serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a very nice email today from Randell telling me they are looking into possible solutions. So let's have a little patience and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
I got a very nice email today from Randell telling me they are looking into possible solutions. So let's have a little patience and see what happens.

Yep, me too. And I have faith they'll figure something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.