Subject: advancing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I dont see anything in the rules about this. I assume if u have an agenda that has an advancment value of 1 or 2 that essentially means you can get and instant point on your turn. One action to install and two actions and two credits to advance and instantly score. Any way to counter this for the runner??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as far as I know, not having the game yet. But that is the idea behind those agendas, if you're willing to basically skip a turn for 1 point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, while I do not think any agendas take a cost of 1 there are some with 2 cost.

Barring having two credits at the start of your turn you can score them in one turn.

You may not get all the benifits by playing like this, but you do get the points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were cards in the original version available to the runner that could increase the difficulty of agendas. I haven't seen any in the new set, but they may appear later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no way to counter it as it happens, although aggressively running on HQ would probably help.

That being said, the agendas that are scoreable on the turn they're installed are only worth 1 point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be difficult to play with a deck full of such 1-point, 1-turn Agendas. It would require you to have almost half of your deck made of Agendas and this would be just too easy for the Runner ro steal them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exceptio probat regulam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think it would be easy to figure out how well a deck full of 2/1 Agendas would perform.

There are extra Agendas, but such a deck doesn't require a well-defended Remote Server to score Agendas, so it needs less ICE, and/or can defend HQ and R&D better.

The easiest way to find out is to make such a deck and play it a few times against different Runner stacks. It will happen soon enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
There was a corp deck in classic that used 18 1-point agendas - 6 each of three agendas that reduced the difficulty of each other's type. The Research agenda reduced the difficulty of black ops agenda, the black ops agenda reduced the difficulty of grey ops agenda and the grey ops agenda reduced the difficulty of research agenda.

The idea was to score one quickly and then start going through the loop. Ideally you'd install and instantly score your last agenda. It was a neat idea on paper.

In practice, all the problems stemmed from the fact that over 33% of your deck was agenda. It meant more agenda for the Runner to steal. It clogged your hand from getting money cards or ICE to prevent the Runner from stealing agenda.

And that ratio would be even higher in Android - 20 agenda cards out of 49 cards at best so just over 40%. Too much to defend and too little to defend it with.

Kind of a moot point in any case. It's going to be quite a while before they've released enough cards to make a deck full of 2/1 agendas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gyc365 wrote:
I don't think it would be easy to figure out how well a deck full of 2/1 Agendas would perform.

There are extra Agendas, but such a deck doesn't require a well-defended Remote Server to score Agendas, so it needs less ICE, and/or can defend HQ and R&D better.

The easiest way to find out is to make such a deck and play it a few times against different Runner stacks. It will happen soon enough

NBN is already skirting really close to this line. With Breaking News, Astroscript Pilot Program, the SanSan grid and Psychographics, they have a lot of fast-advance options. Meanwhile, they have the lowest quantity of ICE, and arguably the least effective at keeping a Runner out of their business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.