Hide
14 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can more than 1 firefighter occupy a space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Rule-Query [+] [View All]
Eric P
msg tools
I didn't see this mentioned in the rules, but maybe I just missed it. Can players share a space and/or move past each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head I believe you can move "through" but not remain together in the same space. This permits the "bucket brigade" trick of moving a POI, dropping them, then another player picks them up and moves on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epthegeek wrote:
Can players share a space and/or move past each other?

Robrob is wrong, I am afraid: They can do either. Because the rules do not mention it as forbidden, it is allowed...

EDIT: ...though it is often bad tactics to have them end in the same spot. You may wipe out all of your team in one bad turn if you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epthegeek wrote:
I didn't see this mentioned in the rules, but maybe I just missed it. Can players share a space and/or move past each other?

Today, we had a turn where we rolled a fire advance on a space that already had a fire and hot spot, causing an explosion, and then the next roll caused by the hotspot caused another explosion, which hit a hazmat, causing another explosion, and that explosion hit another hazmat causing another explosion. There were multiple people on the same (ambulance) space after that gulp

Until that turn, it was looking like a rare easy win, but we just managed to barely win anyway.. but that's the single most impressive bad fire advance turn I've ever seen (and ended up with 3 more hot spots than we started the turn with)..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
...but that's the single most impressive bad fire advance turn I've ever seen...

Sometimes you get those bad series. I have seen situations turn from very promising to hopeless in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite was a first turn...

Rolled a hotspot, explosion, hits a hazmat, that explodes, traverses to the second hazmat, that explodes takes out the third hazmat...

Then we rerolled due to the hotspot and got another explosion.

The plus side was there were a lot of holes in the walls when we were done that fire advance.

We dubbed that game the 'meth lab', where the whole thing went up in smoke as the response team pulled up. I don't remember if we succeeded or failed, the first turn wiped all memory of the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
epthegeek wrote:

Today, we had a turn where we rolled a fire advance on a space that already had a fire and hot spot, causing an explosion, and then the next roll caused by the hotspot caused another explosion, which hit a hazmat, causing another explosion, and that explosion hit another hazmat causing another explosion. There were multiple people on the same (ambulance) space after that gulp

Until that turn, it was looking like a rare easy win, but we just managed to barely win anyway.. but that's the single most impressive bad fire advance turn I've ever seen (and ended up with 3 more hot spots than we started the turn with)..

Just to note that you should only add 1 hot-spot on a turn. It is placed at the target of the last advance fire roll without a hot-spot.

Cheers.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Just to note that you should only add 1 hot-spot on a turn. It is placed at the target of the last advance fire roll without a hot-spot.

No, he's correct.

You only add 1 per turn due to flare ups, and that's what he did. The other 2 came from exploding hazmats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
costguy wrote:

No, he's correct.

You only add 1 per turn due to flare ups, and that's what he did. The other 2 came from exploding hazmats.

I see my mistake...from the rules.
Quote:

Flare Ups also increase the number of Hot Spots, making it easier for more Flare Ups to happen later in the game. After resolving the Flare Up(s), add a Hot Spot marker to the Target Space of the last Advance Fire roll. Note: Only one Hot Spot is added in a turn. Hot Spot markers are taken from those placed on the small yellow circles at the beginning of the game. If no Hot Spot markers remain, then no further Hot Spots will be placed

but also
Quote:
Remove the Hazmat marker and add a Hot Spot marker in the space of the exploded Hazmat

I also assume that this hot-spot would come from the supply.

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Olli
Austria
Vienna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so two FF can be in the same space, right? We never thought about this until today the engine was driven to the next parking slot were unfortunately someone was already standing. So the driver and the guy would end up in the front space of the engine... or would you run over the FF on the parking slot? Ty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any number of FF in any space, no running over anyone. FF standing on parking spaces remain where they are, those arriving may arrive at any one of the two spaces. (I play it that those in the engine stay on the engine and must decide on front or back only when the leave the vehicle.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epthegeek wrote:

Played my first (family) game this evening (solo with 3 fire fighters). I had exactly the same question. I made a judgement that in the building, two fire fighters could not share a space or move through a space occupied by another fire fighter. I thought this was sensible and justified because a fire fighter and his equipment would take up a fair amount of space.

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed in an official FAQ.

It made the game a little more challenging, I thought.

I would have 'won' fairly easily otherwise.

As it was, I did win but with a little more of a challenge, as the fire fighters held each other up at various points within the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

The rules list several things that are not allowed, so there is no reason to assume they generally forgot to list forbidden things. There is no restriction in the rules about multiple firefighters per space, so why should it be forbidden?
And if you look at the scale: Each square is approx. 2x2 m (scale derived from furniture & doors). This should be enough for several persons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
Dave in Ledbury wrote:

The rules list several things that are not allowed, so there is no reason to assume they generally forgot to list forbidden things. There is no restriction in the rules about multiple firefighters per space, so why should it be forbidden?
And if you look at the scale: Each square is approx. 2x2 m (scale derived from furniture & doors). This should be enough for several persons.

Plus, the rules say that "any number" (which includes 3 or 4) of Firefighters can ride in a vehicle at the same time.

If there are only two firefighters allowed in the two spaces per vehicle, how could "any number" of firefighters then ride in it?

It seems that this implies that multiple firefighters are permitted. (Although I prefer the "it's not forbidden so it's probably allowed" approach.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.