Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: LOS STILL + OPEN GROUP DUN UNDERSTAND rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Chan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: Should gaps in a map (areas where there are no tiles) be defined as blocked spaces when considering other rules, such as line of sight?

A: Areas between map tiles do not contain any spaces because they are not on map tiles. In addition, the black borders found on the edge of map tiles represent impassable walls that block line of sight, movement, and any path when counting spaces.

FAQ SAID THE ABOVE THING

I still dun understand

E.g. Castle Daerion Encounter 2

If I put a 2*1 monster in the lower 2 space of the leftest 3 space in Stairs (19B), does the hero must kill that monster to pass through or can just use the top space to pass through to Throne room (1B)??

About open group, I have a problem on "unplaced open group on the beginning"

E.g.Cardinal Plight Encounter 2

There are three open group that OL can choose.
1) Should I choose all of them before the encounter start OR I can choose them after the doors open?
2) Should I tell hero what monsters I chosen?

Moreover, can healer user "Prayer of healing" to heal target while the target is full HP?
I ask it as I think it seems to be so powerful for the combination with Divine Fury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not visualizing what you mean by the creature placement, but if there's a gap, even diagonally, then yes, a Hero can walk by.

You choose your open groups at the beginning. The heroes know which groups you chose. What you don't have to do with that quest specifically is decide which group goes in which room. That you can decide once the heroes open the door to that room.

You can use Prayer of Healing on a target with full HP, but why would you want to? When you heal someone, you remove the wounds from the Hero sheet. Once you have no more wounds to remove, the healing doesn't do anything. If you're wondering if healing a fully healed hero can give them more HP than their base value, then no, because the mechanics just don't work that way.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are a few skills that make Prayer of Healing do more than just heal (it can give a brown defense die for a turn, remove conditions, give an extra yellow die for their next attack, and remove a fatigue if you roll a surge). So I can see a few cases where you'd want to heal a full-health hero to take advantage of the tacked-on benefits, but the excess health part is wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, forgot about the secondary skills for Prayer of Healing (our Disciples tend to bypass those for Radiant Light, so in our Advanced games, we rarely see those skills).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks

but i still dun understand the follow from FAQ:

"In addition, the black borders found on the edge of map tiles represent impassable walls that block line of sight, movement, and any path when counting spaces."

can anyone give example to me?

my group still have no conclusion on this problem.

thanks!!!!

(Or can use the e.g. i said before)
E.g. Castle Daerion Encounter 2

If I put a 2*1 monster in the lower 2 space of the leftest 3 space in Stairs (19B), can the hero just use the top space to pass through to Throne room (1B)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a hero is standing on the "2" search token on the Stairs tile, he can move diagonally southwest onto the Throne Room tile, but he cannot move directly west.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.