Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've finally got around to punching and clipping the Blue Division counters and have found what looks like some Luftwaffe counters in the set. A 2-2-8 HS with a reduced 1-2-8 and a 1-2-8 crew counter. What's the purpose of these? Are they part of an earlier LFT Luftwaffe counter set?

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
bactrian5 wrote:
I've finally got around to punching and clipping the Blue Division counters and have found what looks like some Luftwaffe counters in the set. A 2-2-8 HS with a reduced 1-2-8 and a 1-2-8 crew counter. What's the purpose of these? Are they part of an earlier LFT Luftwaffe counter set?

Tim

Probably German paratroopers, who are only armed with pistols when they jump. When they collect their arms canisters, they tun into full strength squads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andy,
That does makes sense, I do remember the pistols only on the counter silhouette but does anyone know where the full strength counters may be?

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
bactrian5 wrote:
Thanks Andy,
That does makes sense, I do remember the pistols only on the counter silhouette but does anyone know where the full strength counters may be?

Tim

Usually they are 5-4-8's, although I guess you could have paraengineers too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BattleSchool Managing Editor
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bactrian5 wrote:

Tim

They are bonus counters, just like the SW/PF First Fire and Opportunity Fire counters. The 2-2-8s represent partially-armed German 5-4-8 paratroopers. There are two different types of 1-2-8s. One represents a partially-armed 2-2-8 crew, the other represents a partially-armed 2-3-8 HS. The artwork on the crew counter resembles that found on a standard crew counter.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the great things LFT and BFP do is providing those extra marker and unit counters. Thanks guys for the help. Now to hunt up a Crete scenario to put these guys to use!

Tim

Chris Doary wrote:
bactrian5 wrote:

Tim

They are bonus counters, just like the SW/PF First Fire and Opportunity Fire counters. The 2-2-8s represent partially-armed German 5-4-8 paratroopers. There are two different types of 1-2-8s. One represents a partially-armed 2-2-8 crew, the other represents a partially-armed 2-3-8 HS. The artwork on the crew counter resembles that found on a standard crew counter.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.