Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I've read many ideas to change / tweak SWPM-Rules so far. I'd like to add a suggestion which didn't show up so far (as far as I know), for I think it might add much more tactical decisions and would result in *-Units being even more agile:

Instead of move / combat / strike with ***** of your units per turn, you may ACTIVATE ***** of units per turn. Each unit may only be activated once.
An activated unit may
a) Move from one zone to an adjacend zone (per standard movement rules)
b) Attack an enemy unit (per standard attack rules)
c) Strike an enemy target if in an enemy's home zone (per standard strike rules)
d) Deploy ** of units from the reserve, if it has the carrier icon and is located in an enemy's home zone (as per standard deployment rules). Units deployed in this turn may not be activated in the current turn.

This might lessen the value of dividing your fleet mentally in *****-squadrons. On the other hand this might give *-Units much more importance as they could be easily moved to whereever they were needed, while attacking with larger units... Plus, it feels intuitively correct to allow several units to do different things at the same time!

As I do not perfectly know every knack of this game I might be wrong as well - please comment my idea if you have any experience whether it might work or not!

Greetings, Jan Meyberg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.