Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you capture a german unit that has been incapacitated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly no. Once they're incapacitated you've lost any chance at capture VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antifringe Antifringe
msg tools
By the rules, no, since 'capture' is a specific status that is different and incompatible with incapacitated. Ambush! is a solitaire game and can be played however you desire, but I recommend keeping this distinction. Incapacitation is the easiest and most common way of making a soldier inactive (it is surprisingly hard to directly kill), whereas capture requires hand to hand combat and considerable risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to have a justification for the difference, an "incapacitated" German soldier may be hard to tell apart from a KIA one in the middle of a firefight and wouldn't be a source of possible intel (which is presumably part of the reason why you'd capture a German soldier for VP purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antifringe wrote:
Incapacitation is the easiest and most common way of making a soldier inactive (it is surprisingly hard to directly kill)

Thanks for mentioning that. Just got Ambush! Playing through mission one and couldn't work out if INCAP Germans were still active enough to continue the action round.

You answered my question before I even asked it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.