Hide
6 Posts

The Settlers of the Stone Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where does Africa end? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
There was a discussion where Africa ends on the north. Are all the hexes bordering a black intersection Africa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All African tribes are on the black intersections and this is only relevent when you place a new tribe and have to remove one from Africa. In most cases at first you will remove tribes located at deserts or at hexes with 2 or 12. The tribe on the white intersection at the hex-2 which is part of Egypt and the near east cannot be removed when you have tribes on black intersections. Therefore it is irrelevant if this hex belongs to Africa or Asia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question Daniel posed. Where it becomes relevant is when you have to place a dessert (is that what it is called?) over a hex, since they are to be placed in Africa only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine the hex in contention is the 2-hex that has both an African and an European site?

I don't have the Mayfair rulebook handy, but these rules specifically say to play deserts next to black campsites (which would be my assumption as well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've counted the tiles which indicate which hexes have to be devastated. There are 3 for the grasland, which means that even the hex-2 (Egypt and Near East) has to be devastated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That resolves at least my question then - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.