Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Please help me understand: as I read the rules and FAQ, you can only have one copy of a unique card in play (not talking about duplicates). However, this restriction is per player.

Since it's allowed for more than one player to play the same House, or for players of another House to pay a gold penalty to play non-loyal characters, a situation could arise where both players want to play, say, Eddard Stark. It seems the rules allow this.

In a following Military Challenge, theoretically it becomes possible for Ned Stark to kill himself. If the defending player defends with the same character (tied STR goes to attacker!) and chooses to kill that character as a result of the lost Challenge. Am I getting this right?

If I am right, I consider that a bit of a flaw in thematic design. How can a character be in two places at the same time? At least in Middle Earth CCG (MECCG), unique characters are truly unique: if Frodo is in play on your opponent's side, you can't play him on yours. You would have to influence him away from your opponent (force him to discard so you can play him on your side).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree that it is rather unthematic but think of how crippling it would be to certain character focussed deck types if they happened to come across a mirror match? Thematic integration should usually cede to proper game design, especially if you're making a competitive game. The only way I could think to reconcile it is the same way Warmachine handles it - this is a chaotic battle and it's possible that one of the Neds is an imposter.

Spoilers from the books:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Think Renly's ghost or Jeyne Poole/Arya Stark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.