Subject: Hound of Tindalos and Sealed Locations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: When the Hound of Tindalos moves, can it enter an investigator-occupied location that has been sealed (i.e. has an elder sign)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christie
Australia
Eastwood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it can. It's a remorseless beast that tracks you down from a time before Elder Signs existed...wait...what's that in the corner? It's...it's...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to the previous answer; sealed locations only prevent gate openings, they have no affect on monster movement whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rianane wrote:
To add to the previous answer; sealed locations only prevent gate openings, they have no affect on monster movement whatsoever.

However, they do prevent "a monster appears" events from taking place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what actually prompted the question (i.e. the negation of "a monster appears" by a seal). I wasn't familiar enough with the background of the Hounds of Tindalos to know if their movement was akin to dimensional manipulation that might be protected against by an Elder Sign.

I did play it as suggested (following the merciless, go-with-what's-harder, true-to-Arkham-Horror way which dictates whatever can make life tougher for the investigators should be done) and moved the Hound to the location.

It was therefore all the more satisfying to take the Hound down on the next Investigator Movement phase. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.