Subject: First play with some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I just finished trying my first official mission and campaign-- a rather quite simple one-- IRAQ 1991; Short; Surge; Battalion 2C, and i have a couple of questions:
- the trait says to '+2 to all Assault battalion move rolls'. If they are at full strength, do you still give the roll?
- I revealed 'MRLS BOMBARDMENT' as my TB mission event. It says to 'pay 1 SOP to attack the enemy units at the start of the 1st turn. Roll against each unit and destroy it on a roll of 8-10'. So is it respectivelly saying all my slow pilots get to attack first or it replaces the enemy attack phase, and I get to attack w/o expending ordnance?

P.S- this is a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first question..yes to all assualt battalion moves, but if you notice at the bottom of the battalion move chart you also work in a -3 modifier for half strength battalions

second...events are totally separate from the regular attack phases...

hope that helps

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Any adjustments to fixed battalions, overruling the normal rule to never roll for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

fixed battalions NEVER move. Simply ignore them for any Movement Rolls modifications, etc.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Can someone answer my 2nd question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I suppose my 2nd question ignores range and weapon expenditure? Basically I get bonus free attacks? Please say 'yes'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as I stated earlier, event cards a totally separate from regular attack sequence

so, yes, but not totally free, from the card you've drawn it would cost 1 SO pt

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Medeiros
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. "+2 to all assault battalion move rolls." While this battalion (2C) is at full strength, every time you roll to move assault battalions (this happens at the end of the day), add 2 to the result. In other words, this battalion affects the movement of other battalions, making them more likely to advance. Reduce battalion 2C to half or destroy it to knock out this movement boost.

2. MLRS: This is not an attack by your pilots on the board; it represents off-board rocket artillery hitting before you arrive. Just like it says, after you've set up the hexes and placed enemy and friendly unit counters on it (and rolled for scouts and placed the Loiter counter), go around and, one by one, roll a single d10 for each of the enemy units on the board. If you roll 8, 9, or 10, that enemy unit is destroyed: flip it over to its backside. Then roll for the next enemy unit, and so on until you've rolled once for each. Then start the first turn (draw pop-ups, roll for cover, etc). In other words, roughly 30% of the enemies will be destroyed just before you show up.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My view or understanding.

MLRS - Multiple Launch Rocket System

Some friendly ground units equipped with this ground based weapon system (lightly armored tracked vehicles) are apparently close enough to support your mission.

Before you draw any Pop-Up counters (if at least one of your aircraft was initially placed at high altitude) and before you roll for "cover", simply decide to spend one of your SO points to call-in this support.
If you do so, roll 1d10 for each of the unit counters placed on the battlefield. Results of 8 to 10 (no modifications) destroy the units in question.

If you decline to spend one SO point, discard the card.

Check for Pop-Up drawing now.
Roll for "Cover".
Now you start operations with your FAST aircraft.

And so on.

I hope, this helped.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. You have been very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.