Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I received this amusing customer service message from WizKids:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. Package #9999 has been shipped. You can gauge approximately how much time it should take for the package to arrive based on the time between when you sent it and when it was received.

I thought it was funny. It reminded me of this:

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where to get off the bus for Main St."

"Of course; no problem. Just keep an eye on me: When I get off, Main St. was two stops back."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
This is funny, it reminds me of a gamer buddy who always gives directions in much that way. He'll use landmarks that are past your destination. As in; "Drive until you cross a little stone bridge, then you know you've gone too far, turn around and then take your 2nd right...". I expect he does this because he himself gets lost a good deal of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. Package #9999 has been shipped. You can gauge approximately how much time it should take for the package to arrive based on the time between when you sent it and when it was received.

Approximately? I think that would measure the shipping time pretty exactly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Either I'm misunderstanding the message, or you guys are.

To me, it read like "we've shipped your package back to you. It will take approximately as long as it took you to ship it to us in the first place". You guys seem to be reading it as "we've shipped your package. You'll know it has arrived when it arrives".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
Either I'm misunderstanding the message, or you guys are.

To me, it read like "we've shipped your package back to you. It will take approximately as long as it took you to ship it to us in the first place". You guys seem to be reading it as "we've shipped your package. You'll know it has arrived when it arrives".

I think I got that message when I filled out one of their online forms for requesting replacement parts. I didn't actually ship anything to them, so there is no "it will take approximately as long as it took you to ship it to us (=WizKids) in the first place".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.