5 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: City cliffhanger keywords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I can't find an answer to this on the forums so, if there is one already, please forgive my sucky searching.

Do the keywords on City Dangers carry forward to the Cliffhanger part of the card (when it is not a fight)?

I've been trying to learn the game by using the basic rules and playing 2 player competitive solitaire. One of the Adventurers was Shelly Hargrove and she drew the 'Rooftop Chase' City Card. One of her abilities is to add 2 Adventure Dice to any Chase test and this gave her 6 dice to roll against an Agility Test of 5+. Astonishingly, she failed miserably. The Cliffhanger is 'Missed Jump' and I didn't know if she'd be able to use the extra 2 dice for this or if the Keyword CHASE only applied to the Danger portion of the card. Any ideas?

A few more points have arisen during my sessions, but I'll post those as separate questions if I can't find the answers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chainsaw Rabbit
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the keywords on City card dangers do not carry over from one portion to the next. Each specific challenge/danger, normal or cliffhanger, has its own set of keywords. On City cards, think of the cliffhanger portion as "flipping" the card; just like adventure cards, each section or "side" is its own entity with its own keywords and rules for success/failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, Alex, but there are no keywords at all on City cliffhangers (not even the Cliffhanger keyword, which appears on all the normal Cliffhangers - I think). It was this total absence of keywords that prompted my question. So can I take it that you are saying that there are no keywords at all associated with City Cliffhangers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a tricky one. City Cliffhangers are on the front face of the card with the Danger. With the normal Danger cards, the keywords often change when they flip to the Cliffhanger.

I would say the City Cliffhangers DO share the same keywords, but I could see someone else answering differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I would tend to agree with George (soosy). I'll be interested to hear if City Danger Cliffhangers don't have any keywords at all. If you find out the answer, please post it here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.