Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I can't seem to find this edition very easily. BGG says it was released in December 2011 but Amazon is still selling the Asmadi version. Is this actually out and available to the US, some posts here suggest it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmadi imported 120 copies of the Iello version and are selling them here in the US.

http://asmadigames.com/iello_innovation.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that is correct. We still have some left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm a little worried, should I not be buying this version? Why is it only available through this channel? Is it not really intended for the US? Will I be missing out on future expansions and existing expansions in making this move? I am not too keen on spending nearly 2X for something that is also not going to be supported.

Any thoughts on these questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salimo wrote:
So I'm a little worried, should I not be buying this version? Why is it only available through this channel? Is it not really intended for the US? Will I be missing out on future expansions and existing expansions in making this move? I am not too keen on spending nearly 2X for something that is also not going to be supported.

Any thoughts on these questions?

From what I've heard on these forums, both versions will eventually be getting all the expansions.

No need to worry. The game was sold to two different publishers, so each publisher made the same game but used their own artists, layout people, writers, etc. One is based in the US and one is based in France, so its easier to get the games if you live closer to these areas. There's a lot of games produced in Europe that aren't distributed here in the US, or have to be imported in small quantities at higher costs. It's just the nature of logistics across a great ocean.

From what I've heard, the two versions play the same, they just have different artwork, graphical layout, terminology, and release date schedule.

You should eventually be able to pick up all expansions with either version, but the Asmadi expansions will be easier for you to acquire if you are in the U.S.

Try not to think of it like a new edition or anything. It's just a different publisher re-creating the same game. If that interests you, go for it. I'm a HUGE Innovation fan, so I'll be acquiring games and expansions from both publishers, probably in multiple quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.