St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Treachery

Cylon Patrols (skill check icon)

Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 place 1 basestar on the Cylon Fleet Board (normal placement rules, but don't move the pursuit track)
Reckless Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 place 1 basestar on the Cylon Fleet Board (normal placement rules, but don't move the pursuit track). Activate Raiders and Heavy Raiders (not Centurions). Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-2 discard another card randomly, and on a 3-4 discard another card.

Covert Actions (skill check icon)

Skill Check: If this skill check isn't reckless every player either draws 1 Treachery or discards 1 card (only if you have 1 or more cards). Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Reckless Skill Check: Each player must discard 1 card and then draw 1 Treachery. Only 1 of this ability may be resolved in each Skill check.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 damage Galactica.

Seeds of Doubt (skill check icon)

Skill Check: This Skill Check is considered Reckless
Skill Check: The difficulty of this skill check is increased by 1.
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 shuffle two treachery cards into the destiny deck.

Raider Mobilization (skill check icon)

Action: Activate Raiders, Heavy Raiders (not centurions), Launch Raiders
Skill Check: Put the top 2 cards of the Treachery skill pile into the discard pile. Then for every 2 points of Treachery put into the discard pile this way place 1 Raider on the Cylon Fleet Board (do not advance the Pursuit Track).
Reckless Skill Check: Put the top 5 card of the Treachery skill pile into the discard pile. Then for every 2 points of Treachery put into the discard pile this way place 1 Raider on the Cylon Fleet Board (do not advance the Pursuit Track).
Special: Human players may not voluntarily discard Raider Mobilization. (ie. It can only be chosen as a discard if your hand contains only Raider Mobilization or discarded randomly)
Discard: If a human player discards this card they must roll the die on a 1-4 put the top 5 treachery cards into the discard pile.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This is the old discard penalty, it rarely came up and often just provided more discard fodder for humans.

Discard: If this card is discarded as a result of a crisis card the player who discarded it must return it to their hand and draw an additional Treachery skill card

Relentless Pursuit (skill check icon)

Action: Draw 3 crisis cards. Choose 1 to play and place the other 2 in any combination on the top or bottom of the crisis card pile.
Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-2 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space on a 3-4 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.
Reckless Skill Check: Roll a die. On a 1-4 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space, on a 5-8 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.
Discard:Roll a die. On a 1-2 Decrease the Jump Track 1 space on a 3-4 Increase the Pursuit Track 1 space.

Hand of God

Action: Look at the top Super Crisis Card then place it on the top or bottom of the Super Crisis Pile, then play the top Super Crisis Card.
Special: When this card is placed in the discard pile Damage Galactica. Ignore this ability if Hand of God was played for its action.
Special: If Hand of God is in your hand at the beginning and end of your turn you are then executed. If you have a You are a Cylon loyalty card you are immune from this effect.
Special: After building a new destiny deck, adding cards to the destiny deck, or looking at the destiny deck if Hand of God is in the bottom 6 cards of the destiny deck the destiny deck is reshuffled once.

Just trying to avoid situations where Hand of God got buried in the bottom 6 cards of the destiny deck. It can still happen but it's not likely.

Combat 2.0 for Cylon Fleet
Quote:

Evasive Maneuver

Play after any viper is attacked to reroll the die. If the viper is piloted, subtract 2 from the new roll. OR Play after you location has been damaged to move to a random non-hazardous location (aboard the same ship).

Maximum Firepower

Action: Play while piloting a viper to attack up to 4 times. OR Action: Play while at the Armory location to activate the Armory twice.

Defensive Formations

Movement or Action: Name a cylon ship activation. If the next crisis card's cylon ship activation matches the named activation, ignore it.

Marines

Reckless: Choose a skill set that is positive for this skill check, it now counts negative. Combat skill cards count positive and double for this skill check. At the end of the skill check roll a die, on a 1-2 -1 population.

Roll the Hard Six

Movement or Action: While piloting a Viper, roll a die. On 6+, move to any space area and do that many points of damage. (Basestars damaged on 3 points, Heavy Raiders on 3, Raiders on 1, Civilian ships on 3). On 2-5, damage your Viper and you are sent to Sickbay. On 1, destroy your Viper and you are executed.

This is the only time that you may exceed the die roll limit of 8.

Skirmish (skill check icon)

Skill Check: The current player must activate either a single Raider or a Heavy Raider and activate a single unmanned Viper. The current player may choose the order in which ships are activated. Skip the activate Raider or Heavy Raider step if there are no Raiders or Heavy Raiders on the main game board.

Secret Cylon Powers

You don't seriously think I'd tell you anything about these do you?

Other Miscellaneous Rules

Quote:

1. Modified Characters: Cain(banned), Tory, Anders, Gaeta, Adama. If you want clarification on the changes to any of the characters I can post them later.
2. When a destination places Cylon Ships on the main game board they will be instead placed on the CFB and the pursuit track will be advanced a number of spaces equal to the number of Cylon Ships placed.
3. Complex Destiny is being used.
4. Political Prowess 2.0

Action: Draw 2 Quorum cards and then you may play 1 Quorum card. These Quorum cards belong to you even if you are the President or become the President.

State of Emergency 2.0

Action or Movement: Decrease the highest resource dial by 2 and the second highest resource dial by 1. Ignore Cylon Ship activation until either 3 Cylon Ship activations have been ignored or the fleet jumps, whichever happens first.

5. Preventative Policy can now be played as an action or movement.

6. You may now move or land a viper as an action (normal movement rules apply)

7. Early FTL jumps will risk Civilians not 1 or 3 population.

8. Things that affect AQ checks or Airlock checks also affect the other one.

9. The VP is now considered the next highest in the line of succession for the Presidency.

10. You may move as an action (normal movement costs)

Here are some rules I'm thinking of adding, let me know if you see any problems with them.

Proposed Rules wrote:

11. Replace a single 1 Pop ship with a 1 Pop/1 Food ship.

12. When sent to Sickbay, that player must discard 1 card and if you start the turn in Sickbay you may draw 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Ooh, the treachery changes are vicious. I love it! Particularly the Hand of God moving itself out of the bottom of the Destiny deck.

Does a human discarding Raider Mobilization trigger the discard effects of the top 5 cards in the Treachery deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good luck to everyone. I'm in enough games as is, so I think I will just watch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Circadian wrote:

Does a human discarding Raider Mobilization trigger the discard effects of the top 5 cards in the Treachery deck?

No, because the human player isn't discarding those 5 cards. They just put them directly from the skill pile to the discard pile. The only card that triggers would be Hand of God, because that ability triggers upon being put into the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in only if you don't have enough players to play when you're ready to start the game

To all new players out there: this is one you'll be interested in trying at least once... it's a very interesting alternative to revelations...

Not as complex and crazy of course, but the alternate treachery & piloting deck are really worth the detour not to mention the very interesting secret cylon powers...

Try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
Not as complex and crazy of course,
yuk
I think it is crazy.

But I agree, it's fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words Carlo.

Right now I have Adria, Flamethrower, Kantas, Circadian, and Darthbalmung. I'm not going to kick you out if you want to play Carlo, but if you want me to try and find a player for your slot I will. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just checking in...

out of curiosity, is raider mobilization going to put out a minimum of 1 raider?

likely hood of you drawing 2 seeds of doubt is really really low, but it 'could' happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm you won't tell me this twice... i never back out of a game

Checking in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is the playing order:

Vorpalgens
Kantas
Darthbalmung
Circadian
Adria
Flamethrower49

If you're not sure about any of the specific tweaks to the characters just ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposed Rules wrote:

11. Replace a single 1 Pop ship with a 1 Pop/1 Food ship.

12. When sent to Sickbay, that player must discard 1 card and if you start the turn in Sickbay you may draw 2 cards.

These look fine to me. I think adding food to a civilian ship is good.

The sickbay tweak is good, giving a trip there an actual drawback. Without trauma (and the receive trauma on arrival tweak), there's not much of a deterrent to going to sickbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1 of each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mods to tory are

When a quorum card is played draw 2 cards from within your skillset

and

when a crisis card comes up with a choice, you must always choose the top option.

not just current player but all choice cards assuming she has that title

is that correct?

If this is the correct modification to Tory

i'll take Tory

starting draw will be 2 politics and 1 XO... er Leadership...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tory you are correct. You're super Amoral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sounds good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, what are people thinking about? Should I be setting up to be a pilot or a mechanic? Do you plan to leave a title up for grabs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Remind me which rules for Gaeta we're using? I've always thought it was a pity he was so bland.

And Ellen is her old Treachery-drawing self?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaeta has to reveal either a Calculations or a Strategic Planning to reroll the FTL roll.

Ellen is just plain old Ellen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kenneth,

I chose Helo to have access a little to combat which i hope to use more for this game and for his re-roll ability with all the nasty treachery thingies now

A pilot will be necessary i believe but hopefully someone else will do it as you played that last game

Then leaves the rest... a tech will be good and if no ones plays Cally or Chief, then maybe Starbuck and Dee can cover engineering a little...

Dee is undervalued and can be a great asset but damaged can often be a problem so...

I was going to suggest Ellen as a version of her that i currently play has the ability to draw cards outside her skill set which put her the reparing person in a game as we don't have Chief or Cally but she's just the regular version...

As for me, if you think that another military leader is an option feel free to pick one, i did not plan to get the title when i took Helo... i really wanted to play him because of his abilities and the setting we'll be using. If i get it so be it but i don't mind not having it at all as well... maybe another military leader with engineering skills? That leaves only Gaeta i guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamethrower49 wrote:
Well, what are people thinking about? Should I be setting up to be a pilot or a mechanic? Do you plan to leave a title up for grabs?

If there's no other military leader by the time it gets to me, I might take Adama. I recently realized that I haven't been Admiral in a PBF game outside my very first game (V1) as Starbuck.

But I'm fine with a pilot or support if it comes down to that, probably Starbuck or Cally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll be Apollo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Martin and Adria:

I have vague designs on the Presidency. (But when is that not the case?) I might play Baltar, for once. We obviously shouldn't let Tory be President.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing a support character either. Dee is kinda piquing my interest.

If you guys take Presidency and support, though, I may well take the Admiralty and be good with that.

So, I'm good with whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I think I'll let you both grab all the power you want, and knock another name off the list of characters I've somehow never played.

Chief Galen Tyrol

1 each of Politics, Leadership, Engineering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have

Helo
Tory
Apollo
Chief

That's a decent amount of yellow, lots of green and purple.

Do we want another blue-drawing character? Another pilot? Or is Adama fine? (this is where I wish Gaeta was a little higher in Admiral succession; I really like his skill set)

Kenneth can take a political character. Or we could just use Admin right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
For the low low price of one action, Gaeta can be ta the top of the Admiral succession :-P

Be Adama or Tigh if you want them. Kenneth said he was leaning toward Baltar, and we'll be okay on blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [36] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.