Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this card (Japanese #80) really a Military Event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Is this card (Japanese #80) really a Military Event?

Yes, what is the issue?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how to use it as military event. It has no logistics value. Can you use it as the event and activate units at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
You play it as an Event and only get what the text for the event tells you you get. There is not a bonus that allows you to activate any HQ's with this event. Playing it as an Event you get to draw an extra card. The Military Event is the Submarine arm launching an attack on Panama with float planes. OR you can use it as an OC 2 card but then you don't get to draw an extra card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Military Events allow the player to conduct larger Offensives than the OC value of the card would allow. All military events have a Logistic value.

This is my confusion. Panama Canal was the first time I noticed this, though I see other cards do the same thing. It seems like Military Event is the catch all for an event that isn't a Reaction, Resource, or Political Event. But this stands in sharp contrast to the above citation, this is the source of my confusion. I will amend my rules copy to reflect that the above citation is not true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Quote:
Military Events allow the player to conduct larger Offensives than the OC value of the card would allow. All military events have a Logistic value.

This is my confusion. Panama Canal was the first time I noticed this, though I see other cards do the same thing. It seems like Military Event is the catch all for an event that isn't a Reaction, Resource, or Political Event. But this stands in sharp contrast to the above citation, this is the source of my confusion. I will amend my rules copy to reflect that the above citation is not true.

I lied... sorry for the confusion... some military events do not have a logistics value.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.