Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mayne
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pleased to announce that Greg Stafford and Moon Design have given their permission to release a module for the 1977 version of Nomad Gods.

It's available on the VASSAL site:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module%3ANomad_Gods

I hope this will spur some play of this Gloranthan classic. I have a shrink-wrapped copy of Dragon Pass (Chaosium edition) on its way and hope to have a module for it done in a month or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for this! I have an old copy of this game that I bought a few years after it was published, but it was missing some pieces. I finally tracked down an unpunched copy in great condition, but was loath to punch out the counters to play again...stupid collector gene. So I was considering making a module of this, but map scanning is such a pain. You however did a great job on that, and it will be nice to be able to play this one again. I already have a line up of several people who want to play so this module is doubly welcome.

Be nice to see your Dragon Pass module as well. I remember picking up White Bear, Red Moon back in the day, but never liked the map much; that is until they came out with the enhanced Dragon Pass version. That game has gotten a lot of play over the years. Wore out the original and bought a replacement, and later an Avalon Hill version as well. Pity Chaosium never got around to updating Nomad Gods the way they updated White Bear, Red Moon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mayne
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear this will be used to play some games. Worldwide I think there's a fair number of us interested in Glorantha boardgaming, it's just hard to find face to face opponents. Playing with computer assistance seems to be the way to go nowadays.

The NG module is functional but pretty bare-bones. For DP I'm planning on doing some more advanced stuff (map scaling, movement trails, snapping counters to hex centers, mouse-over hex IDs, etc.) to increase usability. Once DP is done it should be fun. NG had a print run of around 2000; who knows how many copies are still floating around. But there must be lots of copies of DP (and potential players) out there between the Chaosium and Avalon Hill editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Schmidt
United States
California
flag msg tools
Chris: I'd love to play. Can I get on your list of players? Thanks, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.