Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently have purchased Munchkin Deluxe and was looking into possibly expanding it -- problem is there are like a million expansions

My question are they all compatible? I think not as some are stand-alones with their own expansions and others add powers which can be redundant with your class/race.

I assume the Munchkin # series (Muchkin 2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7) are DEFINITELY compatible. Any others w/ the base Munchkin?

Also, while I'm at it -- what do you guys recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all officially compatible. There was even an expansion Munchkin Blender devoted to the mixing and matching different sets.

There are so many different expansions and combos available that you can pretty much do whatever you want.

From a practical standpoint the decks can get too big to shuffle if you mix in too much and if you're not careful you can dilute races, c;lasses, etc. so much that it's hard to get matches for cards that specify certain combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are adding an expansion from a different theme, start with the theme's core set. So don't add Star Munchkin 2 to regular Munchkin without adding The Star Munchkin base set.

Some versions will work better together than others.

Have Fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some that work against each other. We had Munchkin Fu combined with Munchkin Bites! which actually work against each other. It was a riot, but took forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been disappointed with the combination of different sets, but have really enjoyed Munchkin # series (Muchkin 2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7) + Fairy Dust (a must) and the Santa Expansions.

I just find too often that with the mixed sets that you get class/race items that you can never seem to use.cry

I am sure there is a formula of the right number/type of cards but I haven't found it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The top part of the list on the Munchkin Series page (here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Munchkin_series ), particularly the stuff listed under Munchkin (Fantasy), is a pretty complete list of any and all the Munchkin expansions you may eventually want - large, small, and... er... otherwise.

(Don't worry about Munchkin 7: More Good Cards... it was effectively upgraded/repackaged/replaced (along with Munchkin Blender) by Munchkin 7: Cheat with Both Hands and the Munchkin: Monster Enhancers booster pack.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.