4 Posts

Horus Heresy (2010)» Forums » General

Subject: Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Goldfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks interesting and was wondering how this game plays solo by having one person control both factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fairly well, though I personally have a slightly harder time tracking longer-term plans when I play both factions. And of course the secret deployment of order cards on the strategic map isn't as secret - and there's no bluffing with combat cards. It's far better with two of course, but it works fairly well solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Goldfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played solo to learn the rules, and it was ok. However, a big part of the strategy is what action cards you have in hand at certain critical moments, wich are hidden from your opponent, and specially combat cards that have some nasty special abilities (nurgle units for example, or adeptus mecanicus). It's hard to do that kind of me vs me thinking when hidden informations play a significant role. It's possible but it depends on the player. For me it's good for learning and testing different strategies, but not playing to have 'a good time', if you see what I mean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.