PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WRONGNESS?. Yes, I have coined the word wrongness for this report.

Where does one begin reporting on games of this appalling hilarity when playing this R-rated (X-rated?) version of Apples to Apples?

Well there was so much I COULD report-- that instead of diluting it with MANY examples, I am just reporting on two.

#1--- The winning fill in for " J.K.Rowling's new book is Harry Potter and the Chamber of BLANK" -- was.. yes...

Auschwitz.

As the horrible OMG groaning mixed with the convulsive laughter, someone made it even worse/better by saying.. " Too Soon?" We are indeed all going to hell. Again, is there any other current " hot" game where people who in an entirely different context would be horrified at laughing about such things find themselves bent double with laughter? ( A gaming pal sums this up quite well when answering the question of what if you don't really want to play with the scoring system, " Just end the game when you cannot look anyone else int he eye or yourself in the mirror."

#2 This wasn't even about a point winner. This hilarity was that after a player's offer of " Anal beads" didn't win.. she later kept laughing saying " hahah Anal beads.. I am so happy about Anal beads". We didn't pursue why said player felt that way.

Notice to protect all of us I am not even leaving initials. Because the hilarious thing is that I am 100% sure everyone playing were all very nice, decent, productive, good-hearted lovely people. But if you don't know ANYTHING ABOUT this game and look at all of this out of context, you COULD infer " Laughing about holocaust jokes? These must be horrible, awful people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The best thing about this playing was perhaps that we played it at all. You see this was the main first big game at a brand new meetup that 2 awesome folks in a North Austin suburb had at their home. Most people were all meeting each other for the first time. Earlier in the week as I was planning what to have in my massive game bags for the event,I thought wait a sec, I can't suggest this game. I don't know these people at all yet and in this day and age of so much touchiness and political correctness run amuck, some people may just look at the card responses even BEFORE play begins and throw me out of their house !!!

How incorrect was I? Two days after coming to the aforementioned "safe" conclusion, these fun hosts put up the a picture of CAH AS the icon for the meetup !!!!!!!!!!! Then I knew I was going to have even more fun that I had even previously thought !!!

After three complete go-rounds of this where everyone read three times-- we decided our souls and karma had been polluted enough and we went to play Beyond Balderdash. The owners of the home where we met tied for the win with 7 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game more than lives up to its name! One of my favorites was to this card:
"What's keeping me up at night?"

A: A sad handjob

It's absolutely terrible. And yet, we get the giggles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed-- I am still mortified/gleeful that there is NO WAY, no matter how silly or drunk I was -- I could ever outside of the context of this game look at people and say " HAHAH -- *****ing off into a pool of children's tears.... HHA!! Isn't that FUNNY!! HAHAH!!" I am sure I would be looked upon as some sort of miscreant degenerate. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You 'seemed' WRONGRY to 'moi' there... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.