Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Anyone know what a WWII PIAT antitank weapon is worth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
I have an opportunity to buy one locally from the wife of a collector but have no idea what it is worth. As you can imagine, there is not alot of information on Ebay as I would guess sales of them are few and far between.

Anyone know? Can you cite to your source as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever the price, it's like 10x if there's a Panzer IV bearing down on your position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
HiveGod wrote:
Whatever the price, it's like 10x if there's a Panzer IV bearing down on your position.

Probably not much if it's a Panzer VI, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm.. you might have to google auction halls that handle that kind of thing, and send an inquiry their way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Macewan
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
HiveGod wrote:

Probably not much if it's a Panzer VI, though.

Better than nothing, and the PIAT could still do the business on occasion:

Quote:

(Major Robert) Cain appeared to have developed an intense loathing of tanks after the bitter experiences of his Battalion on Tuesday 19th, and he personally saw to it that as many were destroyed as possible. If ever armour approached then he would grab the nearest PIAT and set out to deal with it himself. On one occasion, two Tiger tanks approached the South Staffords position, and Cain lay in wait in a slit trench while Lieutenant Ian Meikle of the Light Regiment gave him bearings from a house above him. The first tank fired at the house and killed Meikle, while the chimney collapsed and almost fell on top of Major Cain. He still held his position until it was 100 yards away, whereupon he fired at it. The tank immediately returned fire with its machinegun and wounded Cain, who took refuge in a nearby shed from where he fired another round, which exploded beneath the tank and disabled it. The crew abandoned the vehicle but all were gunned down as they bailed out. Cain fired at the second tank, but the bomb was faulty and exploded directly in front of him. It blew him off his feet and left him blind with metal fragments in his blackened face. As his men dragged him off, Cain recalls yelling like a hooligan and calling for somebody to get hold of the PIAT and deal with the tank

From http://www.pegasusarchive.org/arnhem/robert_cain.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.