Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few mistakes (damn!).

The "Schmidt" German Panzer Corps is missing from Scenario D!
The culprit should be skulking in the "Reserve Box"

I will post a corrected picture of the Scenario ASAP.

Also:

Page 14 of the rules, Rule 14.4, 7th Bullet. Should read:

— You cannot Attack Holland’s units: The German player cannot attack those units, but he can enter Holland, and he can drop paratroops in the same hex as those units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
— You cannot Attack Holland’s units: The German player cannot attack those units, but he can enter Holland, and he can drop paratroops in the same hex as those units.
What? Germany cannot attack Dutch troops? That's peculiar.....How is Germany supposed to break the "Vesting Holland" and penetrate the famous Dutch "waterlinie". What about the German airborne landings around The Hague? The Battle for Rotterdam or the Battle for "de Grebbelinie" or the futile German attempt to cross "de Afsluitdijk? I'm surprised (to say the least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
licinius wrote:
What? Germany cannot attack Dutch troops? That's peculiar.....How is Germany supposed to break the "Vesting Holland" and penetrate the famous Dutch "waterlinie". What about the German airborne landings around The Hague? The Battle for Rotterdam or the Battle for "de Grebbelinie" or the futile German attempt to cross "de Afsluitdijk? I'm surprised (to say the least).

Well, not of my making! This was one of the many historical German plans (leaving Holland mostly alone). So there is one small chance you could get stuck with this plan card: you cannot seriously "invade" the country, but, given the right combination of cards, you can end up controlling most of it, using your airborne troops "commando style" and perhaps even forcing a surrender.

I do not know if you own the game, but if you do not not then you are talking "Out of context". I don't have time to explain it all (the "plan card" concept). Read the rules first and then get back to me: this situation (no attack on Holland) will happen only very rarely in a game. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
I do not know if you own the game, but if you do not not then you are talking "Out of context". I don't have time to explain it all (the "plan card" concept). Read the rules first and then get back to me: this situation (no attack on Holland) will happen only very rarely in a game. cool
I do own the game but I have to admit, I didn't study the rules. So I have to apologize for my premature reaction. But rest assured, once I have studied the rules and have played the game at least a couple of times I will get back to you...

(most probably with lots of compliments)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
I do own the game but I have to admit, I didn't study the rules. So I have to apologize for my premature reaction. But rest assured, once I have studied the rules and have played the game at least a couple of times I will get back to you...

(most probably with lots of compliments)

You do own the game? Thanks for buying! Definitely get back to me with your comments.

BTW as you'll be able to see, Holland is not easy to get for the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tang Sam
Hong Kong
North Point
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

Yes, Holland is not easy to conquer... I found out in the hard way today. The Holland's unit has Hedgehog Defense, and there is no way to surround that unit due to the Gray map edge is not extended to the North.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samtang wrote:
licinius wrote:

Yes, Holland is not easy to conquer... I found out in the hard way today. The Holland's unit has Hedgehog Defense, and there is no way to surround that unit due to the Gray map edge is not extended to the North.

With paratroopers and the right cards and some luck it's easier than it first appear, but you need to use quite a lot of ressources. Like happened to the Germans: Historically they lost over 220 precious transport planes (!) and lost more men than the Dutch did (including 1300 prisoners sent to England). It put a substantial dent in their airborne forces and airlift capability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.