Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Leningrad Unit in supply through L. Ladoga? It reaches the red border hex next to L. Onega within 4 hexes but does it have to extend across the red border?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting situation. I would say out of supply. Blue Finnish land is considered a single hex and blue unit extend ZOC in both the coastal hexes between the lakes. The red border goes through a blue hex. Moving Nw army up one hex (even up right) and it negates ZOC for supply, and Leningrad is back in supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
L. Lagoda is considered a prohibited hex so supply paths can be trace across it.

Blue finnish unit is a fort. no ZOCs.

I think it is in supply since Leningrad City proper can trace a supply path through L. Ladoga then across the swamps to the Red border, so the unit would be in supply too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
L. Lagoda is considered a prohibited hex so supply paths can be trace across it.

Blue finnish unit is a fort. no ZOCs.

I think it is in supply since Leningrad City proper can trace a supply path through L. Ladoga then across the swamps to the Red border, so the unit would be in supply too.

Yes it is in supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ops..
Didnt noticed it is a fort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Ops..

Event if it wasn't Leningrad would still be in supply by way of the Lake. ZOCs do not extend over lakes.

read again the Supply Example in section 6.0 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
eker wrote:
Ops..

Event if it wasn't Leningrad would still be in supply by way of the Lake. ZOCs do not extend over lakes.

Hm....?

The blue Finland is considered a hex. Both hexes between lakes are adjacent to Finland, and ZOC are extended to both of them. The leftmost is in ZOC of 3 panzer. And supply through L.Onega must pass through the blue "hex". Did I miss something?

Great game btw, Carl. My favorite eastfront. Short small, and still a full wargame!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
eker wrote:
Ops..

Here is a snapshot of that example from the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
The blue Finland is considered a hex. Both hexes between lakes are adjacent to Finland, and ZOC are extended to both of them. The leftmost is in ZOC of 3 panzer. And supply through L.Onega must pass through the blue "hex". Did I miss something?

Why does the Supply line of Leningrad has to pass through the Blue "hex"? it can go through the lake and then around that hex. Plus the Finnish unit does not have a Zone of Control.

eker wrote:
Great game btw, Carl. My favorite eastfront. Short small, and still a full wargame!

Thanks! I'm really happy that people seem to like the game, my fist ever design, and something I selfishly did mainly for my own use only at first.

But now the "Game Design Bug" has bitten me for good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the rub. The Finnish Unit is a Parentheses () unit so it does not extend a ZOC.

If the unit in Finland were an Axis, non-parentheses Unit, then it would not be in supply due to EZOC.

Is that right, Carl?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
That's the rub. The Finnish Unit is a Parentheses () unit so it does not extend a ZOC.

If the unit in Finland were an Axis, non-parentheses Unit, then it would not be in supply due to EZOC.

Is that right, Carl?

Indeed. You are absolutely right.

In fact you can see here (albeit in a simplistic way) why the lack of serious Finish involvment in the war after they regained the territory lost in 1939 pretty much assured the survival of Leningrad. It's my firm belief that if the Finnish would have been more aggressive, then Leningrad was doomed (and Murmansk too). This explains the very "lenient" treatment Stalin gave the Finns after the war, compared to other East European countries. Mind you, the said Finns were also under huge pressure by the USA & England to stay out of the war as much as possible.

If you don't believe me, just give a "Zone of Control" and see what trouble they can inflict on the Russians!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:

Is that right, Carl?

My new case assumed that it was a ZOC created by the new wording "Event if it wasn't Leningrad would still be in supply by way of the Lake. ZOCs do not extend over lakes."

Meaning exactly as quote: "If the unit in Finland were an Axis, non-parentheses Unit, then it would not be in supply due to EZOC."

And we all finally agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sufferin' Suckitash!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.