Age of Napoleon» Forums » General

Subject: 2 rules questions with the sample Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
romain in Le Pecq
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere, I could not find the answer with the search engine.

I have 2 problems with the Sample Game as follows:

1) in 1806, at the end of the 2nd round, Eugene is in Napoli with Suchet and MacDonald. On the 6th round, MacDonald and Suchet move North. No word is said about Eugene. However, during the Surrender phase, "no country is forced to surrender".

Either Eugene moved discretely somewhere else, or Napoli should become a French Ally, isn't it?

2) During the Winter Attrition phase, it is said that Francois must check for attrition in Kern-Osterreich (3 French Corps). But due to the Russian earlier violation of the Austrian borders, Austria has joined the French and deployed Karl in Kern-Osterreich also. Should not the global stack check attrition with 4 corps? Or should each nationality check separately (hence no attrition check for Karl as he is alone)?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If Karl was placed in Kern-Osterreich, then there are 4 corps there and you roll on the "4" column of the winter attrition table. If a corps or more must be removed, it's Francois' choice. That's my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Romain,

1) You are correct. Napoli must surrender and become a minor French ally.

2) No as the rule specifically refers to each player dealing with his corps, so François only has to worry about his 3 corps and ignores Karl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
Romain,

1) You are correct. Napoli must surrender and become a minor French ally.

2) No as the rule specifically refers to each player dealing with his corps, so François only has to worry about his 3 corps and ignores Karl.

I think I dont understand this.
Why doesnt François have to deal with Karl? He is one of his allied Corps. If the coalition players stacks several allied corps, should he only roll for attrition nationality-wise? Eg if two Russian and two Prussian corps stack, then they are not considered 4 corps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Ruggiero
United States
Smithtown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did we get this cleared up? If two a stack has 3 major country corps and one minor-or other major allied corp is that stack a 3 or 4 for winter attrition. ?? anyone?
Bill ( I just bought the game..and I am trying to play my first game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.