Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello,

I posted an expanded Invader & Weapon Reference card in the Files section, using the original Doom Reference card framework of presentation. I've greatly enjoyed Tibs' variant rules, invaders, and new weapons, and I wanted to group together all the earlier efforts on a single reference card. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Changes from the original Doom Reference Card include:

-Tibs' new weapons
-Tibs' modification to existing weapons
-New Armor Break Special Ability (with a new icon which I think might be more legible than the earlier one)
-Tibs' modified invader abilities, incl. separate melee and range attacks
(for each invader, the first line with the black background is the melee attack and the second line with the striped background is the range attack)
-Tibs' new invader: the Spider Mastermind (with stats not revealed except for armor)
-Text labels are added to all invaders and weapons (because new players tend to get confused between all the different weapons)
-Text labels for all invader attacks
-Legend summary table for all Doom icons

This new card is wider than the original. It is about as wide as A4 paper and about as tall as US paper, so it should print to fit ok on A4 or US cardstock paper.

Also, I posted weapon tokens for Tibs' new weapons, to print on Full-Sheet White Label and stick on both sides of a piece of cardboard, then cut out.

Finally, I'm also posting a Difficulty Setting card (front and back) that summarizes Tibs' rules for play, which I find the most balanced so far.

Enjoy,
Jean-Charles

PS: For those interested, I'll gladly make the original layered Photoshop files available for further editing, but they're huge (200Mb for the reference card), so I don't know if BGG would approve the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
Tibs' Difficulty Setting Card
Hello again,

Just posted a custom Difficulty Setting card for Tibs' balanced rules.

Print double-sided on carstock paper to get front and back of card, or print just first page to get front only.

Card has no rounded-corner in the design. Once printed, it should be cut and round corners cut with a round corner puncher (I found mine at a Photo Album making craft fair in France; one can probably be found at Michael's or any other craft supply store in the US).

Enjoy,
Jean-Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
My file posts haven't yet made it to the Files section, waiting for BGG approval (on a Sunday, it might take it a little while :- ). Be patient...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
I posted the files described above 9 days ago (Oct 30), but they're still pending. They haven't yet shown up on the Files section. Has any other poster experienced delays this long in getting posting approval? I don't remember it taking so long before.

Jean-Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
Nevermind, it's up now. Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.